ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mount

172beast

Yes your cars gonna explode, run for cover!!!

No its not a safety problem, its just a knocking, its easy to fix just adjust the big black plate around the mount on the top left mount.

nice guide that.....

so on the left hand mount opposite to the battery, do you leave the "wedge" in there?

Quote: Originally posted by 172beast on 11 March 2005

Yep, left the wedge in there
doesnt this restrict the movement too much? the amount of "play" is there for a reason.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Its all very well doing your own d.i.y but what happens next time you have to visit your renault dealer&they see what you have done? Ok it may solve your problem but in all cases why should it be the owners responsibility to have to do this?
Its a commom fault on both 172&182 models!
My car has been in twice in the space of three months because of it.

I had a problem with my 172, and that went in and out of the garage so many times, i think it was about 15 in 11 Months, when you have been going back and forwards so long, you will do anything not to go back to the dealers, i eventually got a new car out of them in the end.

172beast

Ive got a mk1 172, 2000 model, its not under warrenty so theres not a cat in hells chance Renault will ever see it! See what your saying but if your pished off at taking it to Renault every week for you to be without your car for a day or 2, just do the above. If you need to take it in for warrenty repair simply remove the wedge. I aint saying its the definitive fix but its a easy fix and it works.