ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts 172??

VaVa
How much to replace? Pretty sure mine are fubar. Upper engine mount is definitely, so figured it makes more sense to replace the lot, depending on cost. Is it worth upgrading the mounts?

Also getting a knocking when going over bumps. Sounds/feels like a worn bush somewhere, coming from nearside wheel area.

Will be going to Birminghams Top Man pretty soon, but trying to get an idea on cost!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Have you thought about the uprated mounts from K-Tec? Might be worth a go if you're going to be changing yours anyway :)

PS - You won't get an engine mount in Top Man mate, might get a nice shirt though ;)

VaVa
Yeah, I'm considering uprating.

I have a theory that in remapping the F4R engined Clios with FBW, the throttle is allowed to open and close much quciker. I think this is putting extra stress on (already worn!) engine mounts, if you're on/off the throttle (like me :eek:). So uprated ones is a definite possibilty, dependant on cost.

330i. E30 Touring.
I've got a full set of K-Tec uprated mounts. Upper engine, top gearbox and dogbone.. £160 posted.

172DD Cup
not wanting to take business away from budgie, but here's my oem set up:
for top mount i used a kangoo one from gsf for £50;
lower gearbox mount (the 4th one that no one ever changes) was from a 1990-98 clio mark 1, £10 new delivered off fleabay;
upper gearbox mount from a renault 19, £9 new delivered off shebay;
for the dogbone mount i used powerflex bushes in the original mount, £35ish from kamskill.

just shy of £110, but if you are changing all of them, for an extra £50 get the uprated mounts from budgie, i would