ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts and exhaust, Newbee

Clio 172
Hello guys, i have just bought myself a flame red clio 172, love it, such a good car,

after having the car back a few days and i have spent some time looking over the car i think that my engine mounts or mount have gone as i seem to have lots of movement in the bay. looks to me when i rock the engine its the left hand top mount, ( if your looking directly down at the engine)

i was just wondering about what engine mounts are the best ones to go for, i have been looking at the kit from K-tec but i am unsure?
if anyone have any advice they could give me i would appreciate it

also i want to get a new exhaust, does anyone know if the KTR Supersports stealth is any good?

looking to have a little project so will take some pics as i go

cheers Chris

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Ive just fitted the uprated mounts from Ktec and up to now they seem ok....................

A bit of a vibration when idling..........

Johnny

Peugeot 308
Ive only got the Ktec main engine mount and powerflex dogbone mount.

Feels very tight with little movement.

Defo worth doing, and quite simple to fit.

Clio 172
Ok cheers im going to give them a go with a mate of mine and see how we get on. what exhausts are you guys running ?

Clio 197
I have a supersports on my 172, very good build quality and good price at £295 with your cs discount. :)

Sound wise it's deep and throaty and took me a little getting used to on a daily basis as it can be quite loud - I think that might be me being a bit of a soft ass though. I had a few issues fitting it getting it to sit completely hidden but as its very adjustable I eventually got there. Ktec offered good support too - overall I would recommend the exhaust - watch some vids on YouTube to get the idea

Clio 172
The exhaust is on its way and will be fitted sunday, i will take some pics of the car as well to show you guys