ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts

who has replaced thier engine mounts on thier 16v or williams, i will be ordering a uprated dogbone mount but i want to know what i should be paying for the others, is there only two others? what did anyone else pay fpr them?

I replaced all three mounts on my valver not that long ago. Stupidly ordered them from Reno dealer on impulse. From Renno all three together were £155 +VAT, but I know they can be had cheaper. The drivers side top mount is a reno only part and you will probably have to visit a dealer for that. It is £68 + VAT if i recall correctly. The dogbone can be a had for under £20, so can the gearbox one for not a lot more. So you are probably looking at £100 all up for the gearbox mount and the engine mount. Getting the uprated dogbone is a good idea as i think the standard mount are not the greatest, even when knew.

Are uprated mounts, other than dogbone, available anywhere, perhaps competition ones, they must exist, cause I cant see the standard ones being fit for competition of any type.

Alex M

I replaced all three mounts on my valver not that long ago. Stupidly ordered them from Reno dealer on impulse. From Renno all three together were £155 +VAT, but I know they can be had cheaper from elsewhere. The drivers side top mount is a reno only part and you will probably have to visit a dealer for that, It is £68 + VAT if i recall correctly. . The other two can be had by phoning Andyspares or visiting your local motor factors. The dogbone can be had for under £20, so can the gearbox one for not a lot more. So you are probably looking at £100 all up for the gearbox mount and the engine mount. Getting the uprated dogbone is a good idea as i think the standard mounts are not the greatest, even when new.

Are uprated mounts, other than dogbone, available anywhere, perhaps competition ones, they must exist, cause I cant see the standard ones being fit for competition of any type.

Alex M

I seem to remember Nick Reads got a catalouge (spelling?) from somewhere with loads of uprated bits for Clios in, including uprated mounts I think.

IIRC it was not in english though.

my mates suzuki swift has proper race spec engine mounts and they are fantastic, the whole car vibrates with the enginem and reverberates at certain speeds, the only problems is everything rattles its self to bits, all the interior screws slowly un-do themselves, if i could find some i will egt them