ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine mounts

OK having spent the last few weeks searching on here for replacement parts, I am more confused and undecided as ever, unsure on either getting standard Reno with powerflex dog-bone or getting KTR uprated complete engine mount kit.

Also thinking of replacing the suspension top mounts again unsure on either Reno or KTR ones.

Sorry for posting but there is so much info on these here that I am totally confused, to the point of not knowing my arse from my elbow :rasp: so any help or suggestions greatly welcomed

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
You'll get more virbration with KTR engine mounts but benefits outweigh cons IMO. Depends what you use the car for really if it's just for commuting go with Renault.

Thanks guys only really use the car for general driving occasionally to and from work its mostly used as a 2nd car. Ive priced both options up and if im correct then KTR engine mounts are £220 and Reno £215 also suspension top mounts KTR £140 a pair and Reno £90 a pair. If anyone knows or anywhere cheaper id appreciate knowing where :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
The KTR top mounts are really good. Good quality and they look nice as well.
As for the engine mounts, the only car I've driven with them fitted is John182rs' and the only thing I noticed is that it vibrates a little on idle. Other than that they seem OK.

If you want the PowerFlex bushes for the dogbone mount, KAM Racing are about the cheapest place I've seen them (about £28 IIRC).

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have just bought mine and also a set of Eibach Sportlines from them, i did ask if there was any trade discount but as there prices are so low there is not any.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks guys only really use the car for general driving occasionally to and from work its mostly used as a 2nd car. Ive priced both options up and if im correct then KTR engine mounts are £220 and Reno £215 also suspension top mounts KTR £140 a pair and Reno £90 a pair. If anyone knows or anywhere cheaper id appreciate knowing where :)

Renault engine mounts are much cheaper from Ktec or NWP

Ph1
Standard engine mounts, and a powerflex dog bone mount.

Have a search next time

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ne-mounts-what-to-buy&highlight=engine+mounts

Lots of engine movement with the stock mounts and tonnes of folk moaning about engine knock with stock mounts.

I wasnt too sure about the uprated ones but the vibration is hardly noticeable and they really do improve the drive.

Worth noting on the dogbone mount theres 2 compound rates available for the 172. Not sure if Ktec list them tho. Kam racing do (or did)