ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine oil has pissed out of my car.

R35 GTR
Only drove the car a few metres, then oil light and stop came on for a second and went off, so thought just to be safe turn round and go home, must have covered less than half a mile before i got home and found the oil has pissed out everywhere at the front of the engine bay, below the fuel rail guard.

There was a bad smell of burning oil and smoke coming out back of car....:S I switched it off straightaway.

Warranty runs out next month, so I am covered i think.

Anyone else had this happen.:(

checked your oil filter, its in that area and under high pressure and it can spin off pissing shed loads everywhere.

R35 GTR
I have had a look near oil filter, it doesnt appear to be that, looks like the oil has come from lower down. the oilf filter just has small amounts of oil sprayed on to it.

I had the 36k service done 5k ago. I was wondering if it could be the oil pump, if it could do this.

I say this as it has a whining noise from cold that renault never sorted, even after fitting new aux belt, tensioner and alternator, and I said it could be the oil pump.

wont be the oil pump as thats inside the sump.

Is it a leak, or was pressurised oil sprayed everywhere?

R35 GTR
BenR said:
wont be the oil pump as thats inside the sump.

Is it a leak, or was pressurised oil sprayed everywhere?

it's everywhere mate, didnt take long to cover the car, plus it has got on top of the fuel rail guard, so that pretty much confirms it came out under pressure.

the car was fine the day before, glad i didnt break down when i went for a drive to mid wales.

R

Rebecca

His warranty runs out on my birthday so hopefully it will be sorted out for him by then for more than one reason :S. The oil did go everywhere all over the front of the car all over the engine bay and the alloys are a dark grey colour (actually thinking about getting the sprayed a similar shade of grey when it is all sorted.)

its either the oil filter or the oil pressure warning switch as they are the only 'open' pressure areas on the front of the block.

R35 GTR
BenR said:
its either the oil filter or the oil pressure warning switch as they are the only 'open' pressure areas on the front of the block.

is this a good or bad thing then? And should the leak happen normally, i wasnt ragging the car as I never do when it runs lumpy from cold.

R

Rebecca

He asked them to check all these things as he had a major service done recently so I would have thought they would check all this stuff as part of those services. Hopefully they will sort it all under the warranty as it is a pain in the proverbial tbh.

Glad we have people on here to offer him advice on this :D

its a bad thing, at no point should oil piss everywhere out of that area.

I still think you should try the oil filter as pressurised oil can spray all over the shop at 6 bar, twist it, see if its even remotely loose......it only takes a little. And oil pressure is extreemly high when cold as the oil is thicker so you dont have to be ragging it.

R

Rebecca

BenR said:
its a bad thing, at no point should oil piss everywhere out of that area.

I still think you should try the oil filter as pressurised oil can spray all over the shop at 6 bar, twist it, see if its even remotely loose......it only takes a little. And oil pressure is extreemly high when cold as the oil is thicker so you dont have to be ragging it.

Do you think it will be sorted under the warranty :S. Also do you think it will right the car off :S:S or will it be ok. Was just saying the other day how little had gone wrong with it too, and I touched wood straight after, clearly did not work :dapprove:.

was it real hard wood or laminated MDF ;)

It should be sorted under warrenty, there should be no reason why oil would just piss out.

Car will not be a write off i shouldnt think, you have to run the engine on next to no oil to damage it, and even then its all a very complicated as to whether or not the engine will be damaged beyond repair.

R

Rebecca

That is some good news then at least that it should be covered and so on. I do hope it is all alright as i was just beggining to get a load of good news don't want to spoil it all with a load of bad news. :dapprove:

lol at the laminated MDF. 12 inces of real wood :eek:

Bye Bye 182....
damn thats bad. Sounds like either the oil filter or maybe the head gasket? Hope its sorted soon. What are you going to do about arranging to get it to Renault? I would get the AA to take it their under Renault Assistance. Let me know if I can help guys. . Ad N Debz

Clio 172 mk2
Definately sounds like the oil filter

It really wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't wasn't done up by Renault properly

R35 GTR
Neil G said:
Definately sounds like the oil filter

It really wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't wasn't done up by Renault properly

I was really beginning to think that my dealer was one of the good ones too. Plus i have aquired a strange scratch all down my car, but cant prove who did it......:(

R35 GTR
Its at renault and they have said we cant look at until the 26th! WTF!!!!!

I booked it in on the 26th for some work on the whining noise from the engine......so now i have no car.:dapprove:

I have rung renault uk, I will see what happens.

R

Rebecca

Dave3141 said:
Its at renault and they have said we cant look at until the 26th! WTF!!!!!

I booked it in on the 26th for some work on the whining noise from the engine......so now i have no car.:dapprove:

I have rung renault uk, I will see what happens.

when they do look at it it will probably be another week for ordering parts from renault and then another week to get it in the workshop to fix it. Also no hope of a courtesy car as they are prebooked on them for 4 weeks.

E92 330
dont want to put u in a shitter, but i had this problem £700 in labor to sort out and a reconditioned engine, crankshaft was hanging off!!!!

BMW 330d :)
I had this problem but it had dropped out the bottom of the engine as the renault garage hadnt done up the sump plug properly after its last service. No damage though.

R

Rebecca

bobby_the_one said:
dont want to put u in a sh*tter, but i had this problem £700 in labor to sort out and a reconditioned engine, crankshaft was hanging off!!!!

Was it covered by the warranty or did you not have yours under warranty at the time? I am really worrying about the cost to be honest if it isn't covered.

R35 GTR
Renault wolverhampton are crap! I have actually had a previous booking for weeks for the 26th september, now they say they wont look at my car untill the 3rd october.

R

Rebecca

it is getting ridiculous now to be honest you pay a lot of money for these cars and the customer service is just not there. We need a courtesy car.

tiTTy & SV650
speak to reno uk, get it seen to asafp, they dont prioritise warranty work cause they can make more money out of retail customers, have a word.

And get the problem known to Renault UK before the dealer tries to drag it out till the warranties up!

good luck

R

Rebecca

FredYozzasport said:
Dave i don't mind popping over to have a look for you if your stuck

It is at renault at the moment would that be a problem? They won't even look at it it may be something really bad or just easily fixed but they won't even look.

R

Rebecca

FredYozzasport said:
if its in the car park its not a problem!

just ask for the keys

Yeah it was still in the carpark today when Kully took us up there. She was just left there covered in crap hadn't been touched at all. They didn't even go out at all to it yet other days we have been about small things scratches and knocks and they have all been out to have a prod at it. It enrages me that something serious happens and they all crawl under there desks. And she calms down.:S

Lionel Richie
well i'm free on thursday (i think) if Dave gets bored and would like me to have a butchers for my diagnosis, then give me a call, i think he has my number

i'll be heading up that way anyhow

tiTTy & SV650
its not a priority as renault wont pay the full rate to have it sorted (labour rate) so if it was 2 months older and out of warranty they'd do it straight away and their eyes would light up.

R

Rebecca

FredYozzasport said:
well i'm free on thursday (i think) if Dave gets bored and would like me to have a butchers for my diagnosis, then give me a call, i think he has my number

i'll be heading up that way anyhow

Cool thanks ever so much, it would be nice to just know how bad it is really so we can start planning our next moves he is even thinking of buying a new little car for a while then selling it on.

Rory - I know they would love it if this happened then and it would be money for them it is annoying that they treat people like this as you pay a lot for the cars and you don't expect this stuff to happen at all. The waiting period is far too long.:dapprove:

Bye Bye 182....
I know what you mean. You guys know how I have to keep waiting as the shocks keep failing and everytime there is never a courtasy car available. Is there no way that they can do it quicker?