ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine oil has pissed out of my car.

R

Rebecca

cliokiz said:
Good lad! :D

Ask for the 197 test drive car or something...

Yeah I though that ask for a weeks test drive of a few different cars we said you have hundreds of cars just sitting there why should we suffer.

Clio 172 mk2
Dave3141 said:
Its at renault and they have said we cant look at until the 26th! WTF!!!!!

I booked it in on the 26th for some work on the whining noise from the engine......so now i have no car.:dapprove:

I have rung renault uk, I will see what happens.

Good luck....will be hard to prove but keep at it.

I once had my coolant changed and some pipework replaced on my old car at Renault....came home to find a pool of coolant below my car where they hadn't even bothered doing up the bottom rad hose clip properly.

If it had come off and dumped all of it I think I would be going back to them....the more I hear about Renaut dealers the more I am put off the idea of letting them work on my car:(

R35 GTR
Telford have said they can diagnose the problem tomorrow. Will be going to speak to wolverhampton manager soon.

R35 GTR
Good news i think, my moaning to renault uk has paid off. Wolverhampton have confirmed that it was due to an over pressure in the oil pump and it broke the seal on something.

So they say it will be fixed with new parts by friday, but I think the engine is more than likely damaged.

I actually told them that the oil pump was a problem 5000 miles ago!!!!!

Last edited:
  R35 GTR
I can see the trail of oil down the street, I reckon it was empty way before the lights came on for me to stop.

R35 GTR
cheers Rob, I hope so too, the feckers are saying they shouldnt have done the work they have done, as they say my engine was chipped.

And the chip is apparently responsible for an oil pump failure.

I'll post some pics up of the mess they left my engine bay in.

R35 GTR
Adamhodg said:
is it any of your business?
It's besides the point, I am pissed off that renault seem to think that AFR effect the s**t flowing through unfiltered oil in the oil pump.

Last edited: