ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine oil has pissed out of my car.

R

Rebecca

my_cougar49 said:
I know what you mean. You guys know how I have to keep waiting as the shocks keep failing and everytime there is never a courtasy car available. Is there no way that they can do it quicker?

No we actually had it booked in for the 26th but when we rang renault uk they said that renault wolves had lied to us and that they are not planning on looking at it till early october even though we had it booked in so it looks like they were gna get it in pretend they were ordering stuff for it or something. :mad:. Grrr. We are going to ring round the local ish renault places tomorrow and see if there is any way of gettig it in anywhere else and maybe finding a courtesy car.

tiTTy & SV650
rear shocks take 5 mins to change, shame it takes 2 visits for them to do it though but always ask them to do it while u wait on the 2nd trip (the first trip being for them to confirm the shocks burst) I've had 9 lol

Bye Bye 182....
rory182 said:
rear shocks take 5 mins to change, shame it takes 2 visits for them to do it though but always ask them to do it while u wait on the 2nd trip (the first trip being for them to confirm the shocks burst) I've had 9 lol

I know they are quick to change but im on about number 7 or 8 and when you have to take time off work and mess about getting to the dealers and back its a pain in the ass

R

Rebecca

my_cougar49 said:
I know they are quick to change but im on about number 7 or 8 and when you have to take time off work and mess about getting to the dealers and back its a pain in the ass

yep it is annoying isn't it especially when you know exactly what the problem is and tell them and then they still go all round the wreking trying to work it out then they tell you 1 week later what you already told them.

R35 GTR
FredYozzasport said:
well i'm free on thursday (i think) if Dave gets bored and would like me to have a butchers for my diagnosis, then give me a call, i think he has my number

i'll be heading up that way anyhow

cheers mate, will be heading up there tomorrow to see what is happening and try and get a courtesy car for in 4 weeks time. Will give you a ring wednesday and let you know if we can get access to it. As far as i know, it should be locked up inside every night, but probably wont be coming back out, but I cant see them from stopping me getting to my car.

I really think this is a bad un now, as there is a trail of oil as far as the eye can see down my street, round the corner......:(

R35 GTR
I am really stuck for ammo to fire at them. I cant see any way of getting them to get the work done any quicker. Other than getting violoent and abusive which i havent done yet.:(

My powers of persuasion are s**t.

Lionel Richie
LOL, its gonna be one of those things, either something daft like a dodgy seal on the oil filter or a loose/missing sump plug

or worse case, the engine is fucked

R

Rebecca

Dave3141 said:
I am really stuck for ammo to fire at them. I cant see any way of getting them to get the work done any quicker. Other than getting violoent and abusive which i havent done yet.:(

My powers of persuasion are sh*t.

You need to have a BF.

R35 GTR
FredYozzasport said:
LOL, its gonna be one of those things, either something daft like a dodgy seal on the oil filter or a loose/missing sump plug

or worse case, the engine is f**ked

i think its fooked personally, i could smell burning and hear strange noises as i stopped, sounded like a diesel van, i actually thought i was being followed by one. :(

Dave, as said in my other thread. Take it to Renault Telford and ask for Andy in the service department.

When I went in there today some bloke came in wanting a service booked, they got him in that very same day and managed to give him a courtesy car for a couple of hours.

R

Rebecca

Chris K said:
Dave, as said in my other thread. Take it to Renault Telford and ask for Andy in the service department.

When I went in there today some bloke came in wanting a service booked, they got him in that very same day and managed to give him a courtesy car for a couple of hours.

We are gna ring them up tommorow and see if they can help us. Fell a bit helpless and stranded at the mo usually we would drive it down to cliospares or around a few different places but it is so messed up we can't move it now. :dapprove:

R35 GTR
Chris K said:
Renault Telford : 01952 292950
thanks chris, will be on the phone asap in the morning. But i think they only give priority to paid for work as rory said, i really feel helpless.

It's as if I have absolutely no rights and if it fooks up they are like we'll fix it when we feel like it.

Dave3141 said:
thanks chris, will be on the phone asap in the morning. But i think they only give priority to paid for work as rory said, i really feel helpless.

It's as if I have absolutely no rights and if it fooks up they are like we'll fix it when we feel like it.

Then escalate it to the manager. No real good talking to the cretins in the service department who will give you any old bullshit.

R35 GTR
Chris K said:
Then escalate it to the manager. No real good talking to the cretins in the service department who will give you any old bullsh*t.

I asked for the service manager today and he never came out to see me.

R

Rebecca

Chris K said:
Then escalate it to the manager. No real good talking to the cretins in the service department who will give you any old bullsh*t.

Yeah we asked to speak to the manager today but he refused to come out and talk to us. :dapprove: I think it may be best if I try ringing around first play the helpless girl ploy.

R35 GTR
Chris K said:
lol it's like an echo in here

I think you need to play Mr Tough guy with them Dave.

I'll lose it big time mate, if i change into the tough guy.lol.

I am either completely calm or psycho.

R

Rebecca

Chris K said:
lol it's like an echo in here

I think you need to play Mr Tough guy with them Dave.

Yeah I agree we even played the area rep card and said it will look really bad on renault if we can't get to our meets because of them and that didn't work you could just see them thinking sad. :dapprove:

It is like an echo lol he is sat right behind me typing away lol.

tiTTy & SV650
well get renault uk involved better, if you're not comfortable playing hard ball play smart ball

R35 GTR
rory182 said:
well get renault uk involved better, if you're not comfortable playing hard ball play smart ball

I spoke to 3 different people at renault uk today. the first one did nothing, the second hung up on me and the third said there was nothing they could do.

R35 GTR
rory182 said:
useless, defo get the manager to speak to you then or get the aa to tow your car elsewhere

I hope Telford can help me tomorrow. I am going to post a message in a seperate thread to see if their are any dealers on here that can explain how to get what i want.

tiTTy & SV650
dont mention warranty until the works done usually works for me lol

When i go to collect the car they ask me what it is was in for, then they always say "and was that warranty?" I always just say yes!

R35 GTR
rory182 said:
dont mention warranty until the works done usually works for me lol

When i go to collect the car they ask me what it is was in for, then they always say "and was that warranty?" I always just say yes!
lol.

all work has been done under warranty before and i think they have a back log of shite cars at wolverhampton.

R

Rebecca

Dave3141 said:
lol.

all work has been done under warranty before and i think they have a back log of sh*te cars at wolverhampton.

There office does always seem to be full of unhappy people so I guess they have a large amount of work on. I just wish they would have a look. Will have to try telford they seem less busy than wolverhampton.

tiTTy & SV650
as was said earlier the oil pump going isnt going to put oil all over the place if its inside the sump. quite the opposite.

R35 GTR
I also asked about getting a fog light replaced under warranty as it is full of water and the guy said its not covered, yet I am looking at the technical notes here saying it is.

List of jobs:

whining from cold - possibly oil pump according to renault technical notes.
fog light full of water
horn sounds gay
engine is fooked due to oil leak.
rocker cover has oil leak.
knocking noise from suspension on full lock.

technically renault could say this is acceptable as 5 litres over 5000 miles is there limit i think.

tiTTy & SV650
5 litres over 5k miles is not acceptable IMO motorbikes that rev to 15k rpm + dont use a drop of oil in 10,000 miles

mine used a fair bit of oil in the run in, but yours hasnt used oil, its spat it out...

R35 GTR
rory182 said:
5 litres over 5k miles is not acceptable IMO motorbikes thatg rev to 15k rpm + dont use a drop of oil in 10,000 miles

lol. I know. I am gonna get pics of the street tomorrow, to show renault where there oil is.

R

Rebecca

Good idea, hopefully Telford will be wanting customers down there so we can at least get it booked in and ready to be worked on. It does seem to me like they don't want warrantee people we bought the car from there (one of the mechanics used to own it).so they know when it runs out and so on. There does seem to be a few niggling things wrong with it ie the very gay horn which they have ignored for so long and now a big job comes along and they are still fobbing us off.

R35 GTR
Rebecca said:
Good idea, hopefully Telford will be wanting customers down there so we can at least get it booked in and ready to be worked on. It does seem to me like they don't want warrantee people we bought the car from there (one of the mechanics used to own it).so they know when it runs out and so on. There does seem to be a few niggling things wrong with it ie the very gay horn which they have ignored for so long and now a big job comes along and they are still fobbing us off.

The salesman who sold it me died shortly afterwards, I kid you not. I went in to speak to him and the receptionist was in tears.:(

R

Rebecca

Dave3141 said:
The salesman who sold it me died shortly afterwards, I kid you not. I went in to speak to him and the receptionist was in tears.:(

Rest in Peace Mike

MK1 Clio 16v
Wtf, your car is dead and under warranty and they won't even look at it until october? Now i'm normally quite a passive and calm person and tend to avoid confrontation but if that was happening to me and they were messing me about i would seriously lose the plot!

The very LEAST they can do is sort you out with a courtesy car until they can actually look at it.

R

Rebecca

cliokiz said:
Wtf, your car is dead and under warranty and they won't even look at it until october? Now i'm normally quite a passive and calm person and tend to avoid confrontation but if that was happening to me and they were messing me about i would seriously lose the plot!

The very LEAST they can do is sort you out with a courtesy car until they can actually look at it.

I know yeah it is at times like these that me and David go for a quick jaunt to calm down only we can't go for any jaunts as we have no car. We have organised a cliosport meet and are having to rely on the kindness of our friend kully to pick us up. We were also meant to be going to Scotland soon :dapprove: It annoys me so much

MK1 Clio 16v
I totally understand your frustration!

Just bear in mind your warranty runs out soon so you really need to get that sorted ASAP, as no doubt you'll probably have more problems to come. While the car is sitting at Renault not being looked at your warranty is running out....

I hope the engine isn't fucked as i'm sure that it has been looked after and you know what state it's in. I'd hate to have to have a re-con engine as you don't know it's history, plus it wont be the same mileage as what the chassis has done if you know what i mean.

Good luck though, i have absolutely no experience with Renault warranties whatsoever as i own a 12yr old valver. My advice would be to get down to the renault dealer again where the car is and demand to speak to the manager and demand that they sort it out as you need the car for business or some crap like that..