ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Polishing

Mini Clubman
When polishing the top of the engine and fuel rail guard, would it be easier to remove them? If i do, would i need to replace any gaskets after?

The only gasket is the inlet manifold one and you should get away with reusing it if you are careful when you remove the manifold.

Definately be easier with them off the car. Especially is you get someone else to do it!

Yeah it's alot easier to remove them, fuel rail guard comes off easily enough, just need a long 10mm socket and be careful not to drop the nuts down in the engine bay (I managed to do that :eek:)

Inlet Plenum can be removed without having to replace the gasket, just have to be careful when removing it so not to damage the gasket while taking the inlet plenum.

Mini Clubman
Cool. I have started it whilst its still on the car and it dont look to bad. just want it to look at little better

Mini Clubman
no im not going for a mirror finish, just a polished finish. looks shite standard and im not keen on the mirror finish, somewhere in between and then get the engine cover colourcoded to the car