ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine problem FP7 with woessner pistons

Clio Hybrid
Hey guys I just have one question about F7P engine rebuilt for 2.0

Well I have bought forged pistons from Woessner and now I am not sure about one thing.

Due to the fact that it was extremely hard to find a good F7R engine block I have used one of F7P which I had from previous cars.

Now the most important, when I install pistons to the block it seems that the bottom part of the piston (not the compression one which goes over the block) is just about 1.1 mm under surface of this block. I am not sure if this is OK or not. That is why I look for some help from you, or perhaps some homologation copies where I would be able to find if this is correct or not.

I hope that I make myself possible to understand ;)

HBT 172 Cup
If its under, it will reduces compression. If you want to do the job preoperly, have the block deck height skimmed to match the pistons.

Clio Hybrid
If its under, it will reduces compression. If you want to do the job preoperly, have the block deck height skimmed to match the pistons.

Well this is a good sugestion, we though about the same. However I am not sure if this gap is made in puropse. That is why i do need homologation booklet.

Clio Hybrid
so you are using a F7P block with what rods/pistons/crank?

F7P block with:
- rods from 2.0 from megane
- woessner forged pistons (largest possible ;) )
- crank also from 2.0 megane
- head gasket from 2.0 megane
- catcams camshafts and pulley
- ITB fron Jenvey