ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine problems

Renault clio 3 rs200
hi guys need some help pretty please
I have a 2010 rs 200vvt , on my way home from work the engine oil top up light came on. a mile or so later my engine started knocking, pulled over and no oil in engine ( got recoverd ) , I think big/small end has gone or rods, can I rebuild the engine or is it a straght repalcment and wot sort of cost am i looking at for ether repair or replacement?

thank you all so so much, it’s very appreciated

Renault clio 3 rs200
Why was it ran so low on oil?[/QUOTE]
Had it in pieces today found out that oil drain plug had been stripped by previous owner and they had used arldite or somtimg on it so wasent tight, lost all the oil over a couple of miles should of thaught
You can rebuild it if you want, but I'd expect the crank to be scored as well.

Cheaper to drop a new engine in.

Why was it ran so low on oil?

Had the engine out today the sump plug had been stripped and the the previous owner had aroldited it in. ffs

Renault clio 3 rs200
Any recomend a good place to get a replacement engine, can't repair, mine crank has gone and big end is Mullerd. Anyone done a done a rs magane swop??
As I'm thinking 225 turbo or somun