ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine reving to hard at height speeds will it break

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Evo 8 MR
Putting the legal/moral issues aside it's pointless travelling at that speed anyway unless you're in a real hurry, you'll just empty the tank quicker.

Clio 182
Putting the legal/moral issues aside it's pointless travelling at that speed anyway unless you're in a real hurry, you'll just empty the tank quicker.

got to agree with that. If you what to crunch motorway miles just buy something German and diesel, save the enthusiastic Clio driving for the back roads where it belongs.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
How come the people getting on their high horses about speeding, drive fast cars? I've got a 200 and I didn't buy it poodle around. I bought because it has some back bone. I wouldn't boot it around town at midday but at midnight down the motorway and I'm feeling flush with some fuel money, I'll blow the cobwebs off. Seems a bit weird to have a Renaultsport of some description and drive it like Miss Daisy's chauffeur. Get a 1.2 and just change the badges if you want. Why pay the insurance premium if you never boot it?
Like the guy with the rear engined Nova says, the speed limits were set way back in the day when cars took a week to stop, these days with ABS, traction control, better pads and my huge Brembos, I can stop a damn sight quicker than a Vauxhall Viva.

Even though the OP comes across as a bit interesting with his grammer, I'm sure he some common sense.

Trackdays?

Rusty Cup
I've been waiting for some decent weather so I can see what the 200 tops out at. It pulls to 130mph nicely but haven't taken it much past that. I find high speed runs really help loosen up tight engines.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
This joker has posted on 197.net, see below

'Just brought a Clio 197 07 reg with 40k 5days ago and now it broken i was goin 70 on motorway and den put my foot down to 120 and then the engine started to make a rattling and clonking sound has ne 1 Eva had this problem i Fort these cars were built to go fast'

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

'Just brought a Clio 197 07 reg with 40k 5days ago and now it broken i was goin 70 on motorway and den put my foot down to 120 and then the engine started to make a rattling and clonking sound has ne 1 Eva had this problem i Fort these cars were built to go fast'

LOL.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

Brought
Irony
CS detective work

Good thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.