ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine running Temp

Clio 182, CBR600RR
Hi

i have had a problem with my clio 182 where by the water temp guage in the car was reading below where it would usually sit (halfway on the dial) even after driving for a long period of time therfore the limiter would kick in at 6,700, the only way to get it up to temp would be to drive it a little harder and then the limiter would kick in at 7,200 an the temp guage read correct.

i used the search function on here and found that the temp sender unit is a common fault so i changed that yesterday, but although it seams to be sitting closer to the half way point on the dial its still not sitting completely horizontal (im sure it used to?????) the limiter is no longer cutting in early though which would indicate that the problem is fixed? When giving it the beans the temp does raise a little to where i think it should be, it also does this when the car is sat running.

Any guidence on this ie photos of where ppls temp guages sit under normal driving conditions would be much appreciated as im not sure if i should look at changing the thermostat as well? Time is of the essence though as im going to the world rally in wales on wed which will be around 800miles of driving by the time ive got there an been to all the different stages so the last thing im gonna want is a cooling problem!!!!

Thanks

Andy

Clio 182, CBR600RR
it's worth changing the sensor/sender but it's also worth fitting a new thermostat

Thought that might be the case, do you just have to remove the airbox to gain access? an are there any other gaskets/ seals etc i should be ordering at the same time or does it come as a kit? Also where is the best place to get one from? Straight from the stealers? an i suppose i might as well change the coolant while im there, ive heard there is a blead screw on the thermostat housing, do you just open this while putting in the new coolant, and then once the coolant is full run the engine with the lid off the filler untill all air locks have been removed?

Thanks
Andy