ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine stalling

clio 182
Was driving along earlyer, about 30mph, changed to 4th and the car cut out, and re started. It happend about 3 or 4 times today It was like as if my battery was loose or had been dissconnected. Iv checked the terminals etc and theyr ok, the only thing 'wrong' with my car at the moment is the lower engine mount, could this cause my car to cut out?

clio
Does it restart again?

My TDC sensor caused similar cut outs, and was a bugger to get going again...

clio 182
ye restarts straught away, dont need to bump it to start, it just knockes off, all lights come on the dash, steering wheel goes very hard, then back normal all within about 3 seconds, even reset my cd player lost all my radio stations etc. all miles on the clock went back to 0. mpg 0, etc the petrol thing went to - - - -.

very strange

Mk5 golf gti
thats because when you bring your clutch up it is bumping it
when you dip the clutch do the revs drop
my clio used to do this 172 on 03 plate
never found out what it was so i sold it lol
revs use to drop so rapid when the clutch was depressed that it would stall
therefore pulling up at a junction an whatever it just died
only ever seen this happen on a clio :S

RS Clio 172 Cup
I had similar stalling problems til the weekend when i took off the TDC sensor, gave it a clean as the metal tip was covered in crap, put it back on and doesn't stall at all and idles better aswell.

Give it a try.....