ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine turning over - No Fuel Prime

Iceberg 172
Hi guys,
Hadn't started my car for about 5 days yesterday, went to turn it on yesterday and it's not running. I'm wondering whether it's the cold weather we've had recently.

Things I notice on my Clio 172:
- Fuel pump isn't priming
- Immobilizer light is turning on and then going off like normal
- Clicking behind dash when it should be priming the pump
- Checked the brown relays in the battery relay box and no corrosion
- No faults on my bluetooth OBD code reader

I'm not sure what to do next and any tips would be brilliant, People are putting it down to fixing this problem with new relays in a lot of threads. I'm about to order them but if any of you guys have an idea before I do then that'd be awesome! :)

Cheers,
Dan

Iceberg 172
Is the pump getting power? If not it will be a relay if it is the pump itself is more than likely fubar
Thanks for the reply,
I can borrow a multimeter and check.
Do I just put them in the live and ground pin on the plug and see if its getting a voltage?

Thanks

I'd get a decent earth then just prod each part of the connector I'd do it while it's being cranked else the ecu might turn it off after its primed if the ignition is just left on I'm a newbie to these clios so not sure how it works