ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine vibration on prefacelift mk2

J03

MX5 1.8
hi guys, my friend has a clio 1.4s, his engines started to vibrate, at first glance it looked like a coilpack problem but am not sure, anyone with experience with prefacelifts? the engine layout is different so i dont know how i would go about changing it..

Lots of Alfas
On the 8v you cant miss it, its right in from of the oil filler, on the 16v irc it has individual ones (pencil coils). Its a common problem, they are not too expensive to replace.

J03

MX5 1.8
cheers mate :) ive changed the facelift ones many times but the engine looks completley diff on the pre's

172 cup
when you say its vibrating do you mean its moving a lot on the mounts and moving gearstick also. Or do you mean its actually got a missfire???

J03

MX5 1.8
am not sure from what i can remember the whole cars kinda shaky.. looked at the engine it had some fair movement! dont know much about ph1s but i told him to get a coilpack which is most likely

172 cup
coilpack is no good unless its actually a missfire, if it was miss firing you would feel it and hear it when driving.

Sounds like a similar situation I had with a 2001 1.2 I had for a short while, that was a fubared engine mount

J03

MX5 1.8
ah sheeeetttt he sed he had some problems driving it, il have to drive it and feel for myself