ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine warning on for 3 years!!!

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i'm not sure quite what forum to put this in, so i'm goin for this..
i've just taken my dials apart to fit new leds, and found a bit of cardboard sticking out. after revealing the PCB, turns out its covering up the engine warning light which is on!!!!!! and has been on since i bought the car from carcraft 3 years ago!!!! i cannot describe what i'd like to do to them and their mothers now lol! seriously tho, this is concerning, however the car has always run well, i've had a code reader on it once when it had a dodgy relay, which was all that was logged, and as recently as a month ago, when new coilpacks were needed, but it had nothing logged. it does 45 to the gallon, and fluids are always fine. it's always been perfect! why is it on?
howie

RB 200 Cup!
very strange! mind you if youve been driving around for 3 years with no problems surely there cant be much amiss?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
would be seriously hacked off mate but probs not much you can do..... worth a try with the shi77y letter tho i guess

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i might try, just to vent my anger, but it's 3 years since i bought it, i can't prove it, but it's so annoying. i had to take the car back 3 times, it needed a new battery and all new earths, a wing replacing for a crack, there were no front speakers, plus a few more niggles. i wish i had seen it at the age and experience i have now, instead of a first car for a noob. much as i love it, i wud have laughed in their faces. they even MOT'd it on the day and it failed. they saw a kid with a loan and rubbed their hands with glee!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
You can't be sure the light has been on for 3 years but would make sense if cardboard was there. Not sure if you have any rights tbh, esp as no related problems. Possible chance there was a problem, when it was 1st bought, then was fixed without knowing it and now a problem has occured in the last month I suppose. I get that code reader hooked up again mate to be sure.

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
just have, i'm at the garage now, ther's nowt on it. if the light came on a long time ago would it need reseting by renault even if the fault was physically corrected? yea, i don't think i'm even gona waste my time with a letter tbh. :(

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
typical car craft my gf bouhght a 172 from them and it got a missifire a few weeks later and i whipped the plugs out and looked like they had never been changed even though they say they service the car before you get they do the biggest bodge jobs ever

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
lol.

Dont get annoyed mate if its been on for 3 years theres a very high possibility its just a loose connection/fuse etc.

172 Cup
bllody hell, sorry to hear that i have heard of lights being unplugged but covering them up! Shocker! I would give it a go at car craft, after all you have nothing to lose!

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
yea, mine was similar. i got it serviced 500 miles after purchase at the pug garage as it was cheap as chips, the told me it had no coolant, just water, even tho it shud have had it's 36k service a k b4 i bought it!!