ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epas set up , what alternator and bracket set up options ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I had initially bought a cup alternator and bracket set up but it got sold with the engine it turns out now.

What are my options with Epas set up ? I have the old style pure motorsport air con delete brackets and standard 172 alternator ?

Can this be used with the epas set up ? Do i need anything else as i wont have the hydraulic pump anymore ?

Or is best just trying to get a cup alternator and brackets ?

Not sure what my options are

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Even the cup setup has a place for the pas pump.
Pure Motorsport do a pulley wheel to replace the pump so you can run the same belt. Alternatively you may be able to just use a shorter belt but you’d need to check that. I know it works with the non cup alternator bracket but not sure about the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yeah i was hoping i could maybe just run a shorter belt on it . Otherwise i need to hunt down another cup alternator and bracket set

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
5PK847 belt with cup setup, so you’re just running the crank water pump and alternator. I’m doing this and others too with no issue

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Yes the cup set up was the plan but the guy sold it with race engine so i got refunded.

I have the older style PMS aircon delete kit so was hoping i could just run a shorter belt with this set up rather than having to buy another set up to suit