ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Error code P0304 on clio 182 cup

clio sport 182 cup
I've just had a diagnostic check done with error code P0304 cylinder 4 misfire. What is this most likely to be I've just had new spark plugs last week so its not that I've read either coil pack or injector?

renault clio 182
Hello mate did you find out the solution for this? As I've got the exact same problem but replaced coil pack, leads, spark plugs, injectors, lambda sensors and had it compression tested which it passed no problem and still can't get rid of the problem and I've ran out of ideas now car still drives fine but EML flashes for couple seconds from time too time

clio sport 182 cup
Hi yes it was a faulty injector in the end. After replacing the coil pack and ht leads it was the last thing to change. It ran fine after I changed all that my emissions light was always on as I had a scorpion exhaust. It's strange your light keeps flashing but if its running fine I wouldnt worry too much. Have you had the error code cleared from the car try that to see if it comes back. Other than that the only thing I can think of is maybe your catayltic convertor is getting on a bit now or it could be a oxygen sensor on the exhaust. Maybe its worth getting it checked out you don't want it to get worse. I decided to put mine up for sale now which is a shame. Let me know how you get on.

renault clio 182
I've got a thread in Clio technical in engine exhaust in running gear have a look there bud the full story is there been nightmare last couple month :( il maybe need too get the injector checked out but basically replaced everything and had code deleted before too and eventually came back thanks tho

Racing Blue 182
Wish I knew what the problem with mine is. I had the same symptoms as above, mine turned out to be a faulty injector as well! But the exhaust/emissions management light is still there, clear the codes, they come straight back and won't go away, dials all go mad and the trip resets when I start it but it seems to drive fine! Don't know what it could be! Glad you got yours sorted though pal!

clio sport 182 cup
Don't know what yours could be luke but I guess it's a electrical fault as the car is mechanically working fine. Maybe the battery as we've had some very cold weather these last few months. Or it's the ecu. But I'm not very good at the electric side of things sorry I can't be of anymore help.

clio sport 182 cup
Also luke as your exhaust isn't standard the emission light will always stay on mine always did as well and you'll always have the error code reading of emissions below threshold.

Racing Blue 182
Also luke as your exhaust isn't standard the emission light will always stay on mine always did as well and you'll always have the error code reading of emissions below threshold.
Thanks for your replies Jamie but the exhaust is standard again now and this still didn't sort the problem :(

C3 Picasso Beast
Mines doing this now :(

When idle sounds rough, engine management light flashes and my cheap code reader is saying misfire cylinder 4. Once it gets going the engine management light will go off but every so often it will feel sluggish. I've not tried anything yet to sort it so open to ideas!

172 cup (again)
Mines doing this now :(

When idle sounds rough, engine management light flashes and my cheap code reader is saying misfire cylinder 4. Once it gets going the engine management light will go off but every so often it will feel sluggish. I've not tried anything yet to sort it so open to ideas!

Injector on its way out, my 172 cup started playing up like this with the light flashing now and again when stationary in traffic, then the injector went all together - dropped onto 3 cylinders and sounded like a subaru, engine management light stuck on and the car wouldnt rev clean. Had the AA homestart out to confirm then clear the fault - I then changed the entire injector rail before i restarted the car. Engine light disappeared and the car was fine.

renault clio 182
I'm going for injector too been for a diagnostic and and come up that was the problem so got one ordered and will fit it once arrived hopefully that end of it

Clio II 182
I'm going for injector too been for a diagnostic and and come up that was the problem so got one ordered and will fit it once arrived hopefully that end of it

So did your problem went a way after changing injectors?
My clio 182 has same problem.