ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Errorcode DF033 "Side impact sensors not programmed" , late Clio 2001 1.2 16v.

Clio -01
I got the airbag and service light constant on for a couple of years now, but have passed MOT thanks to having a rearfacing childseat with the airbag switched off with the key, at least the MOT-people don´t know better... :)

Now I´m selling the car and want to sell it fully ok.

Changed the timing-belt at a local garage and they got some errorcodes when servicing the car...

DF033 is the only one that is "Permanent". The car is a 4-door with seat airbags.

Have tried disconnecting/reconnecting the grey connectors and using contactspray under both seats, the smaller black ones I didn´t manage to open...

Have also removed and sprayed the connectors of the side impact sensors, all to no effect... :(

Looked at the cpu, looked nice and clean.

Have ordered a used side impact sensor to try both sides, do you think soldering might solve the issue or might it be something else?

And should I in that case solder all wires to and from both grey and black connectors?

Has otherwise been a pretty troublefree second-car for us for almost 4 years.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like an open circuit on one of the side impact sensors.

It'll most likely be a corroded connector or the sensor itself needs replacing.

Clio -01
Thx for the quick reply, lets hope the sensor thats on the way will fix it then!

I live in Sweden, but none to find here, bought it from ebay.uk, acually much more to find there than on the Swedish breakers sites...
Much better prices too... :)

Clio -01
Tried the "new" (used) sensor on both sides, but no luck.... :(
Measured the airbagswitch in the door in locked/unlocked position, 400k resp 100ohms, seems ok.

What to do next?

If I should measure resistance in the cables from side sensors to the cpu, which ones at the cpu-side and how many ohms or is it that there just may be a broken cable?

Got some advice MicK? :)

There is no previous soldering under my seats...

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Are the connectors making good contact? I've had to solder countless connectors on this car due to crap connections, even with new stuff joining onto old.