ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP/ABS Fault on 197 Cup

Clio Cup 197
Morning all, I have been battling with an intermittent fault on my 197 to do with ABS/ESP for a while now and was wondering whether anyone has experienced/found a solution.

The car is pulling the DF126 fault code - "Control Panel Sensor Information Plausibility".

2 things occur when driving:

The ABS kicks in sporadically without even touching the brake pedal. Keeps you on your toes but also not very desirable!
The dash lights up with check ESP.

Attached are pictures of the diagnostic read out and dash.

It feels to me like a sensor issue of some kind but even the Renault main dealer is struggling to clarify which sensors are causing the problem.
Trawling through previous posts their is a lot of mention to pedal potentiometer circuit track issue.

Any advice on how to address the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.jpg
    IMG_3183.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
  • 20220322123540.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 96

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The dealer needs to update CLIP as we’re on v220 and generally are behind dealer Net.

From the description I’d say it sounds like an issue with the ESP Switch. Check the switch status in PR’s and then remove it, load test the wiring back to ABS and possibly strip the switch down, clean and reassemble.

Mick

Clio Cup 197
The dealer needs to update CLIP as we’re on v220 and generally are behind dealer Net.

From the description I’d say it sounds like an issue with the ESP Switch. Check the switch status in PR’s and then remove it, load test the wiring back to ABS and possibly strip the switch down, clean and reassemble.

Mick
Thanks very much indeed Mick let's give this a go....

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Always game with issues like these. The only problem I have is time… We’re booking for May at the minute, with a few random spaces in late April.

Drop me an email sometime if you fancy getting her in: www.diamondmotors.co.uk