ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP & SERV lights

I've just had my tracking done but the steering wheel isn't straight so gotta go back.

I'm getting the ESP and serv lights in after driving on a straight road, they clear if you turn car off and on.

Is it anything they have done or coincidence?

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Light Is on because your wheel isn't straight. Straighten the wheel and all will most likely be good again

Light Is on because your wheel isn't straight. Straighten the wheel and all will most likely be good again

Thanks I thought that might be the case.

It didn't do it before htey did the tracking though which confused me, is there a certain amount it has to be out for the light to come on?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, anymore than a constant > 10 degrees whilst the vehicle is in motion the and it'll throw the general fault.

Does the light only come on when you either turn the wheel or when you are driving (but not touching a pedal)?

I can't really say for certain, I just noticed it come on yesterday after driving along. I noticed the cruise control wasn't working either, well it was but the dashboard and lights didn't work.

I think it is slightly more than 10degrees out, worse than before anyway.

Will they need to adjust the tracking again or just remove the wheel and put it back on?

Thanks for your help :)

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
If your cc isn't working either try checking the brake pedal switch as that will throw both systems out! Do a search on ESP/SERV light brake switch and you'll see a few threads where switch adjustment or repayment sorts it!