ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ET help Clio Dynamique

No Not the alien,

ive been told that ET37 is required for no scrubbage with 17s on a dynamique Clio

So ET 40 is way to big then i take it?? advice please i have no clue when it comes to alloys!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah

Et37 is the ideal offset.

et40 may not rub on a -35mm drop.

Mk2 Golf GTI

The offset, something like the distance between the centre of the wheel and the hub but i dont know exactly!! ET40 would be fine as if it does scrub, you can always buy spacers to push the wheel out to ET37. My mate has ET40 and a 60mm drop with no scrubbing, apart from a tiny bit on full lock

I would of thought that ET 40 plus spacers would push the wheel out therefore causing more scrubbage where as say ET 35 would be more under the wheel arch??

SO basically is the opinion that if i fit 3mil spacers and ET 40 this would make ET37??

Clio II and Grand Modus

A lower ET will make the track wider, so spacers will make a lower offcet.

ET 40 would be ok. I have ET 38 and -35mm

hiya mate u probably know me Im sure I live just down the road from u, if u want me to explain offset pop into halfords on newport rd when u got 5 mins and I can show u some diagrams explaining how it all works etc...I would of thought from experience u should b just about ok with ur drop on ET40 17s as long as u dont mind it catchin from time to time