ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Euro Clio BBS+Coilovers inside

2002 1.2 16V
Havent posted on here much my car has been through a few phases now incluing the big wheels and kits but now im trying to get it sorted to my liking.

So got the coilovers in and the wheels on and the height nearly sorted over the last couple of days. Just need to get my finger out and get the bumper finished off but have been flat out atm with other stuff so now time for some pics. Car needs a good session with the UDM but I will get that sorted in the next week or two hopefully. So enjoy the pics (even thought they are s**t) BTW im lovin the attention this car gets now

DSC00063.gif

DSC00064.gif

DSC00065.gif

DSC00066.gif

DSC00068.gif

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
not bad mate, something different at least :) Needs to be smoother to pull off the euro look do you think?

2002 1.2 16V
Yea agree with you there im currently in the process of smoothing a fron bumper and I have a 172 rear sitting in the garage which is alot smoother looking than the one on it.

197 ff albi
gd start, imo lose the yellow and the body kit smooth standard bumpers and your onto a winner

W

Willy

I think it looks awesome, I really really like the yellow :) once you sort those dodgy bumpers out it will look spot on. Top work bud! :)

2002 1.2 16V
Cheers for the comments went for yellow as I really wanted the BBS wheels to stand out.

Hopefully the bumpers will be sorted asap as i reckon it will complete the look.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Not really euro, but smart non the less

are they RMs or RS's if the latter get them made wider on the rear!!:D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Balloon tyres ruin it for me. Need some lower profiles and some stretch.

Otherwise, well done for doing what you want and not following the turini crowd! Loks very nice! :D

2002 1.2 16V
They are RM's and already causing problems with the arches @ 7.5" wide lol.

It will hopefully be more euro when I get the new bumpers on the Kit is coming off.

@daniel I was really undecided but went for thicker tyres and I think they suit the wheels well. May go lower profile next time. Thanks for the comment dude

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
bah, 7.5s are nothing, need to perfect the stance

ph-reebone has 9s on his, stance still isnt 100% imo but very close..

i cant talk by stance is to pot atm

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
What percentage is mine laura???...lol

your getting problems with 7.5's???

as laura says mine are 9's on the rear, and 8's on the fronts, and i have no issues at all, and before you say it, i haven't had arch work either...

sounds like a good plan with those bumpers, personally i would loose the skirts, then get some new rims (not slang for wheels, ie get a wider dish), then get those tyres stretched...

then say bye bye to practicality and deck it....

2002 1.2 16V
@ph-reebone the rear tyres are rubbing the arches something shocking and its only down about 55mm at the rear. Skirts are going as are the bumpers so it should improve. May go wider at some point with a bigger strech just didnt want to go too mad.

How you running 8's & 9's no problem then I think I need to know!!! lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol.....um not entirely sure

the wheel i have are custom though so when i spec'd them i gave the company a million different measurements, they then make them to fit...

2002 1.2 16V
Mine are ET33 so pretty low for a clio

@FEE101 they are vmaxx coilovers got them from the group buy on here

Metallic blue Clio 1.2
Mine are ET33 so pretty low for a clio

@FEE101 they are vmaxx coilovers got them from the group buy on here

who are you insured with? and did you inform them off your suspension change? if so was it much more to pay?

thanks

Petrol Blue 182.
love them mate! the yellow stands out loads, looks really good, not to sure on the kit tho haha, defiantly going in the right direction, if only I had the money for wheels like those! my porkas will have to do for now tho!

A Euro'd one...
Not a bad start but it's not really 'Euro' styled just yet. Glad to hear that you are getting rid of the kit and smoothing the standard bumpers.

wheels wise I've got 10's on mine but with archwork lol!

9's can go on the rears as long as you go for the right offsets but I can pretty much guarantee that your tyres are scrubbing because they are absolutely mahoosive. you need a 165/50 profile or along those lines to stop the scrubbing. It'll also allow you to wind the coilies down to the max...

A Euro'd one...
Here's how my old wheels sat without any archwork. Was the 1st Mk2 Clio in the country running 9's all round. ET 15 aswell...

Image017.jpg

Image015.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
its them doughnut tyres your running thats the problem drop a few sizes, id personaly change the bumpers im an Original euro fan, as in standard everything apart from a drop, wheels n the right stance (even tho my stance isnt right) n a tad bit of customising bits to make it different

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
love the wheels mate but as said lose the kit and get a 172 kit but with smoothing detailing! :approve:

Renault Clio II 1.4 RT
Lush Clio man did you Drop it 60mm ? Wuld be nice to know my Clio is a 1.4RT on 15" rims wanan know if its saafe on 60mm lol :D