ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eurocarparts Centre Section?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im sure someone had this problem before from Euro Car Parts with the wrong part.

You could try getting them to cross the original part number rather than them using there system as its utter rubbish and throws up wrong parts all the time.

Try this as the OE part number 82 00 332 139

Flame 172 (Ph2)
I've got a Klarius back-box from ECP for my Ph2 172 and its alright actually, under £50 posted so can't complain against the cost of a new Renault one.

I think its less restrictive than the Renault one too.

Here is the Klarius centre section from ECP on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Klarius-R...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item4d03eeede2

Should be alright for the money.

You can only get the Klarius stuff from ECP on eBay by the way... it's different stuff/brands through the actual website.

Last edited:
  172 cup (again)
Got myself a baragin hoffman complete system last week from ebay (£97 delivered) it arrived the next day and fitted easliy enough.

Now with a few miles on the clock it has worn in and has a nice subtle note and is a little bit louder than the original system

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I personally steer well clear of Euro's. Accuracy is very poor! Too many monkeys working for them who couldn't care less. Not surprised half the parts are wrongly boxed when you see some of the stock rooms.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I personally steer well clear of Euro's. Accuracy is very poor! Too many monkeys working for them who couldn't care less. Not surprised half the parts are wrongly boxed when you see some of the stock rooms.

+1

I worked for them up untill yesterday and i have to agree with every word thats said above.
I have even seen old units being boxed and put out to customers.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
+1

I worked for them up untill yesterday and i have to agree with every word thats said above.
I have even seen old units being boxed and put out to customers.

I worked for them a few years back for about 2 months and walked out lol.....

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
For a lot of factors it's branch dependant in a lot of cases... I have not had any issues with Jayars or SC motor factors & Andrew Page aren't too bad either. FPS are massive but again have a lot of monkeys working for them. Really does depend on branch.

A lot of problems stem from poor cross references & Tec Doc/MAM & the likes being polluted with wrong information.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Very re-assuring Marc! ;)

Who else is there to choose from though, I find GSF sell shoddy parts!

When buying parts i would "Only" buy brand name parts like Powerflex Poly Bushes, LUK, Sachs and even doing that you will still need to double check to make sure the correct parts have been ordered.

The hassle i actually had making sure i had the correct parts for the group buys that i done was unreal.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When buying parts i would "Only" buy brand name parts like Powerflex Poly Bushes, LUK, Sachs and even doing that you will still need to double check to make sure the correct parts have been ordered.

The hassle i actually had making sure i had the correct parts for the group buys that i done was unreal.

Yeah +1 it isn't the parts generally... it's the link/research leading to the parts thats often incorrect.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
On monday i seen 3 different radiators go out to the same garage within 15mins of each other and every one was wrong and it was only for a pug 309.

The amount of returns i would do on a day to day basis was unreal and it was double the amount of parts that went out.

When buying from ECP just make sure that you are 100% correct in what you want and what you are looking for and if possible have part numbers and ask to see the parts where possible.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
my local euros was fantastic when it opened. They recruited all the best staff from every other factor in town (there are 15 in bedford). They've slowly left as they're not looked after, and now there's a handful of reasonable people, and a load of muppets. I normally get 1 of every option sent down and send the rest back rather than relying on them choosing the correct parts now

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Well they sent the correct part to me off eBay and it was fine. I'd find it hard to imagine they could get that wrong.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Thanks Rhauri i've ordered one from that eBay link.

I know about the issues you guys have all mentioned but have you tried finding a reasonably priced one elsewhere? local factors quoted £82 plus VAT!!!

172 Cup
Got a full cat-back from Euro. Shame the back box has moved a little. Now rattles like a right c**t when idling at cold.