ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Event Mobile Tyres

Has anyone used these guys before?

They are doing PE2s at £104 a corner which doesnt seem too good compared to MyTyres at £89, but the Event price is all inclusive and fitted at the location of your choice, so it's actually pretty goof value I think. What do you guys reckon?

Good or bad experiences?

had it done b4 not by them though, found out wheel balancing in a van don't work, felt like I'd had a 50p shaped tyre fitted when I got on the motorway!

Trophy Turbo :)
I just had 4 new tyres fitted on my Pd150 golf from a mobile van man ans driving it was awful not balanced AT ALL! i had to take it to tyre spot today to egt them to redo it the guy said "who the hell did these" he said there were miles out too. So i dont know ifit was teh mobiel tyre man who was at fault or just a machine doesnt work on a van. Andy

One of my big worries about getting my boots fitted is the weights. Presumably all tyre fitters can fit internal weights, and not the snap-on extrenal s**t that puts a horse shoe on your alloy?

Also, dont all tyre fitters just tighten the bolts up with that w**k air gun until they wont turn anymore? How many of them actually know how to use a torque wrench? Over the years I've seen a few tyre fitters hammer the bolts to 700nm with a gun, and then do a token 'snap' with the torque wrench without it actualy turning the bolt...muppets.

Think I'm just getting paranoid this time around because it's my first new car with mint wheels.