ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Issue 135

Page 087.

Enough said, best Clio shot I've ever seen. Great showing from Renaultsport in the top 100 drivers cars, as expected.

Anyone else got it yet? Unfortunately the print quality seems to be awful.

scan please?

Ze Rules said:
16. Posting of, links to and requesting copyright material is strictly forbidden and will be removed without notice. Examples of copyrighted material include, but are not limited to, magazine scans, pirated films, games and music. In the event that you have the express permission of the copyright holder, e.g the magazine publisher, then you may post providing you acknowledge and quote the copyright holder. Breaking this rule will result in a major infraction (2 points).

;)

I wasn't going to anyway, was a nice 'wow' moment when I opened the page, wouldn't want to ruin that for anyone.

Probably talked it up to much now, but as somebody who likes his togging, it's technically perfect, full of bokeh, well composed and just generally pretty badass :)

I only ever buy Evo to look at the pics! lol..

I'll hunt it down next week.

*edit*

I've been less of a bokeh wh0re lately. I'm wide now :eek:

Tav

Clio 197
The pics are good but the writing is where it is at.

Not sure about this top 100 best drivers car mmmmlarky...I refuse to believe a Renault Alpine A610, Impreza STi or MR2 roadster are better drivers cars than a McLaren F1. Apparently the McLaren has a heavy steering, errr man up? I agree that the best drivers cars don't need to be super cars but really....an Alpine A610...

Ian

Focus TDCi
Got me intrigued now Chris! I never buy mags, so might have to have a quick sneak peek in the shops when it's out.

Trophy #473
I don’t see any Hondas… Love that!

top 10
1.pagani zonda f
2.lotus 340r
3.Porsche 911 996 gt3
4.caterham superlight r300
5.renault sport megane r26r
6. lotus elan
7. renault sport clio trophy
8. ferrari f50
9.mazda mx5 (pop up lights)
10.mitsubishi evo vi makinen ed

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Great Showing from the Renaultsport boys :)

61 = 200 Cup
55 = Alpine A610
30 = Williams
25 = V6 255
7 = Clio Trophy
5 = R26.R

172//Crap Micra//Bus
LastScan.jpg

Trophy #490
Gotta love the Trophy, a giant killer in every sense! And they are bang on with their praise for it, fantastic car. And mine goes tomorrow, it's going to be a sad, sad day seeing that go. I just can't help but think that I'm going to regret it too. :(

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Pic as shown above is cropped about 50%, one in the mag looks much better with all the scenery to the left.

Agreed, the pic doesn't really do it justice. But for representation its ok, Not having a big enough scanner FTL

182 trophy
funny you mention hondas because the dc2 beat the trophy in the best front wheel drive car ever issue so it looks like they have not got a clue what they have said in the past :S

Hmm but in car of the decade they placed the ferrari 550 ahead of the zonda

no M3 CSL, M3 sport evo, honda integra type R or NSX-R??

funny you mention hondas because the dc2 beat the trophy in the best front wheel drive car ever issue so it looks like they have not got a clue what they have said in the past :S

yup i noticed this (see above) but then you realise that most of Evo's team has moved on since the early days, magazine just isn't the same anymore IMO

I'm assuming most people haven't read the article (or driven every one of the 100 cars in question), it looks at the cars that "best encapsulate the thrill of driving", many of the cars mentioned in this thread do make the 100, for example the 205 and ITR are in the top 25. Obviously whoever is on the panel at the time will be scoring the cars, which explains differences between previous 'lists'.

Not necessarily the best, quickest etc, just those that are the most inspiring the drive. It's also fantastically well written and well worth a look.

Things like this are always down to opinion, but I imagine the 10 guys who compiled the list have a reasonable grasp of what's what.

Last edited:
  172cup
Read the article and it is a bit contradictory from past artcolres, main point I saw was no fd? Even though it is a 5 star car.

I can only assume that it is based on personal preference and that they decided the positioning by voting.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I had evo land on my mat today.

The pic ture of the trophy is awsome and the mag is totally readable.....

172//Crap Micra//Bus
The only magazine I ever managed to read from cover to cover. Fantatic read, even the weaker stories make for entertaining reading. Well worth anybodies money IMO.