ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Triangle Trip

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Went to Wales yesterday to visit the Evo Triangle. Have to say I think the section of road is overhyped massively. The other roads we travelled on during the day were so much better its untrue. Maybe it was the fact that we weren't driving fast around the triangle that it didn't seem all that impressive.

All in all it was an amazing day, clocked up over 410 miles and used 12.7 gallons of Shell V-power, averaging around 32 mpg, which is a lot lower than I normally get. ;)

The Skoda was a real surprise for me. It only has 130bhp, but has 250lb/ft torque which is what kept it with me. On acceleration I was only getting away by a very small amount, if at all.

Anyway heres a few pictures. Didn't take too many as I was too busy driving, what a fun fun day.

I don't know if many of you know my car, but if you do, I'll give a gold star to whoever spots my first modification to the car!! :D

IMG_3745800x600.jpg

IMG_3746800x600.jpg

IMG_3747800x600.jpg

IMG_3749800x600.jpg

IMG_3750800x600.jpg

IMG_3754800x600.jpg

IMG_3755800x600.jpg

IMG_3756800x600.jpg

IMG_3757800x600.jpg

IMG_3760800x600.jpg

IMG_3761800x600.jpg

IMG_3762800x600.jpg

IMG_3768800x600.jpg

IMG_3774800x600.jpg

IMG_3777800x600.jpg

IMG_3780800x600.jpg

And the Audi was ridiculously fast. Didn't stand a chance with that, but then the driver was very experienced.

I had the edge on the Skoda in the bends. And his brakes went after so long so he had to back off.

Good times.

Also, had the car into the garage today and found out it needs a new engine mount and new anti-roll bar bushes. Happy days.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Audi's an S4, 4.2 V8 (I think). Vrs is very rapid, they loosen up massively. When my bro 1st got his I could pull away easily, now it's neck and neck once rolling. Shame they handle like shite.

What make is it and how does it sound
Its a blueflame cat back system. I think it sounds great. It isn't too loud but adds a really nice deep note to the engine. Quietish on motorways as well. Really pleased with it. Hopefully get a decat after its had its first
MOT!

i'm suprised the vrs kept with you

what engines in the audi?

32mpg - you cant have been pushing hard :p

I can tell you I bloody was! On the 25 mile trip to meet the fellas I had 40mpg, then it just dropped and dropped. I don't think I've ever had so much fun driving my car!

Audi's an S4, 4.2 V8 (I think). Vrs is very rapid, they loosen up massively. When my bro 1st got his I could pull away easily, now it's neck and neck once rolling. Shame they handle like s**te.

Yep 4.2, didn't half shift. Amazing round the bends as well.

:rofl: To be honest I wasn't flooring it, just pretty close to it. I always got the impression that doing that would labour the engine, I suppose if its fly by wire it won't do any harm though.

I'll have a go later on tonight to see if it makes any difference to yesterday. I remember doing it before and it didn't seem to though. :D

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Hehe dude, pushing the pedal all the way down won't hurt your engine :) That's why you own a 182 :D