ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

evo8 fq330 v Clio V6 255

EVOgone said:
V6's and EVO's are not the same things at all and your right its not just about the being the fastest thing.

thats true, Lancer evo's are just family 4 door saloons with a turbo strap on, AWD system and stupid big wing.......and they are every where....

V6's are 2 door Mid-engined RWD hatch back, worlds only one (apart from the old R5t) and very rare......

But the Evo 330 by virtue of having an extra 75bhp is of cousre faster....doh....

and bugger Top Gear, I would still rather have a LAMBO than a family saloon.....lol ;)

Simon

anyway this thread is getting a little silly now, the guy is keeping his EVO and fair enough, its his choice.

I could buy an EVO FQ400 tomorow if I wanted to, but I'm NOT going to as i think they are hideous things.....and I don't RACE on public roads..... lol :) :)

I would rather wait till Lambo's drop to evo's prices and buy one of those instead.....lol

Last edited:
  RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
SimonV6 said:
and bugger Top Gear, I would still rather have a LAMBO than a family saloon.....lol ;)

I could buy an EVO FQ400 tomorow if I wanted to, but I'm NOT going to as i think they are hideous things.....and I don't RACE on public roads..... lol :) :)

i agree too much... chav car

Just had a think..

The only way you'll know is by driving one. A V6 will never be as quick as an Evo. I tested a FQ330 about 18 months ago and it was frankly quite scary how quickly that thing would go, regardless of road surface, conditions, corners. The saleman did his best to try and recreate a stage from the Rally of GB, but on small Norfolk back roads. Impressed, I was not, thought I was going to die.

I digress though... I may have been tempted but at the time didn't have the money that they were going for. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't. The Evo just hasn't got that 'wow' factor for me. It's VERY accomplished at what it does but does it in an ordinary way. At least if you put the V6 backwards through a hedge then you'll be doing it in style :D

And god forbid the thought that there might be a Clio out there that is faster than a 182 full fat cup trophy special addition ;)

tiTTy & SV650
i dont like the image associated with evos and imprezas but I do accept that they're good / great cars, the V6 is rocking horse s**t and looks fantastic as far as Im concerned.

I'd rather have a 911 993 though :D

I would personally have an evo mainly because it's one of my favourite cars plus I actually prefere my 182 to the Clio v6 but it's all about personal choice.

Plus, I don't agree that evos are common at all.

Der Panzer
It has to be an M3. If you have that sort of money to throw around go for a bit of oomf with added style. Reliable, fast and can cruise on the motorway or get down and dirty when you want

If it has to be a V6 or FQ330, the Evo wins. It's that simple.

MINI JCW
rory182 said:
i dont like the image associated with evos and imprezas but I do accept that they're good / great cars, the V6 is rocking horse sh*t and looks fantastic as far as Im concerned.

I'd rather have a 911 993 though :D

Agree Im not keen on the image, as the only reason you are going to buy one for is to drive it as fast, its not like an M3, S4 etc where you will buy it because its fast but also because of other factors, i.e toys, comfort

Buy an M3 then you can drive around and not everyone will think you are an arse

Street Triple R
Ive owned a couple of Evos now and whilst yes they would both eat the V6 in terms of performance, the one thing that no evo has at all is...character, id imagine youd have a lot more Fun in the V6....if hes looking for just performance then yep its a no brainer, evo all the way but if he wants something a bit more exiting then go for the V6

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
i should have read the question...

i think that i would be inclined to keep with the evo. if u have had a string of them u quite obviously love the way they drive. i cant comment on the v6's reliability but i havent heard too many ppl moan abt them going wrong. my next consideration would have been how practical would it to be to have only 2 seats as this is something that prob would piss u off after a while? but tbh i dont think either car is esp value wise suited to the mileage/driving u do. could u not sell the evo and buy a chp runaround car and buy an older evo?

Last edited:
  Yaris Hybrid
Just read his original question and the details of his mileage and running costs etc.

As far as I can see going from the Evo to the V6 wouldn't really solve many of his problems and he would lose money given that he admits the Evo doesn't hold its value - although given what my mate paid for his used V6 I don't think that does either.

Personally I'd go out and spend £4k on some diesel family saloon or hatch. Use that for the long motorway drives and keep the Evo for evenings and weekends.

Selling the Evo for a V6 would result in a car that still isn't that hot on fuel but would seem rubbish, slow and unsatisfying. It would be regretted within a few days.

Clio v6
Its all down to performance, handling and cost, over say a 6 month/12 month period. The Evo is a quicker car. You say you are having a service every 2 months. Maybe £200 a time? so thats £1200 a year. V6 is about £250 a year.

Also the Evo is near impossibel to sell on. The value drops every day and should I expect similiar with the V6. The V6 is very rare and resale values are increasing a lot since production ended.

Lastly right price to pay for a 53 255 with 22000 miles on the clock. £18 - £20K depending on condition of course

PS. Please come back and let us know your plans.

Renault ChaVio
It is not all about speed. Actually, unless you are competing in motorsport it has almost no relevance.

As far as things like track days go, the main factor that determines how fast a car will be is the driver's ability.

The V6 is a fast, unusual, rare and rewrding car. It does not contain half of the Sanyo factory's technology to help some Billy average driver stay on the road while they go about driving way beyond their ability. I'd of thought more of the 182 owners would understand this but it would seem from a lot of what I read on this forum that while there are passionate people who have bought them as 'drivers', who want a decent driver's car. Many have just bought them as they can't afford something like an EVO.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Street Triple R
ant_v6 said:
What a lot of rubbish is being said in this thread! Especially from the halfwit with the Mitsubaru or whatever it is.

It is not all about speed. Actually, unless you are competing in motorsport it has almost no relevance.

As far as things like track days go, the main factor that determines how fast a car will be is the driver's ability.

The V6 is a fast, unusual, rare and rewrding car. It does not contain half of the Sanyo factory's technology to help some Billy average driver stay on the road while they go about driving way beyond their ability. I'd of thought more of the 182 owners would understand this but it would seem from a lot of what I read on this forum that while there are passionate people who have bought them as 'drivers', who want a decent driver's car. Many have just bought them as they can't afford something like an EVO.

good post, agreed :)

Ant, you can have a big, f**k off DING for that :D

bell.jpg

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
unless of course you ask the same question on the V6 forum and then you get a completely different set of answers!!

you guys don't seem to like each other very much.

anyway thanks again for all the replies. Yes the 330 is very very quick, but so is the rush of money out of your bank account when you drive one every day. Eg £250 every 4500 miles, discs warping on demand, clutch £1750, life expectancy - 3000 miles if you are lucky with any form of quick get away, the list goes on.

It is hyper expensive, but a wonderful car nevertheless.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
SimonV6 said:
thats true, Lancer evo's are just family 4 door saloons with a turbo strap on, AWD system and stupid big wing.......and they are every where....

V6's are 2 door Mid-engined RWD hatch back, worlds only one (apart from the old R5t) and very rare......

But the Evo 330 by virtue of having an extra 75bhp is of cousre faster....doh....

Simon

anyway this thread is getting a little silly now, the guy is keeping his EVO and fair enough, its his choice.

I would rather wait till Lambo's drop to evo's prices and buy one of those instead.....lol

lol an evo is a lancia with blablabla.... a clio v6 is just a base model clio with a shitload of heavy body work on it... and an engine in the boot lol... mitsi made a better car by making a lancia an evo than renault did with making a 1.2 a v6 lol!

and the r5 turbo 1/2 wasnt and isnt the only rwd mid mount hatch! the pug t16 and metro 6r4 both came in road legal versions!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Id still have the M3 for his sort of milage.He's not going to work sideways and the straight speed of an evo and an m3 is marginal.Both would beat a v6 handsdown in all areas,exept looks,for which the v6 is lovely

ian

MaLicE said:
lol an evo is a lancia with blablabla.... a clio v6 is just a base model clio with a sh*tload of heavy body work on it... and an engine in the boot lol... mitsi made a better car by making a lancia an evo than renault did with making a 1.2 a v6 lol!

and the r5 turbo 1/2 wasnt and isnt the only rwd mid mount hatch! the pug t16 and metro 6r4 both came in road legal versions!

An Evo is NOT a lancia??????
It a Mitsubisihi Lancer Evolution......pmsl :)

How many 6r4 and T16 do you see though? i ain't seen one original one on the road?

If Mitsi or Scoobie made their car mid-engined, AWD, wide bodykited, 2 seater I would buy one tommorow..... ;)
6R4, T16, EVO FQ330, Scoobie WR1......Which one do you have??

Simon

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
id have the clio v6 255! anyday!looks!sound! modabilaty!why not build a clio v6 turbo! then see performance! 0-60/60-100!100-155! i would!

simon doesnt like anything but v6's.......dunno why you guys still argue lol.

Doesnt matter that the Evo is better.......;)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
SimonV6 said:

Lambo Murcelargo at EVO prices yeah right... maybe in 2040.

The thread was about which was the better car and it the EVO and i feel the bloke in question has made a correct and easy decision. It wins in all depts..

BTW the MR400 you describe is more rare than the v6..LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
BenR said:
simon doesnt like anything but v6's.......dunno why you guys still argue lol.

Doesnt matter that the Evo is better.......;)

No, I also like TVR's T350's..... :)

I never said the V6 was faster or better handlin either, just that I prefer it to an EVO, personal choice......depends what you want in a car.... :)

Simon

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
SimonV6 said:
No, I also like TVR's T350's..... :)

I never said the V6 was faster or better handlin either, just that I prefer it to an EVO, personal choice......depends what you want in a car.... :)

Simon

Obviously all show no go.....i prefer the real deal myself.

If you like the TVR so much then get one as you say you could buy and MR400 tommorow....

EVOgone said:
BTW the MR400 you describe is more rare than the v6..LOL

Well there are lots of FQ400's sale on Auto trader, and they seem to have lost about £14k from list price.....lol
quite cheap for anyone that wants one, but NOT me.......I am on a CLIO site becasue I love Clio's.....
even if the EVO's faster.... ;) by 3.3s to 100mph........

Simon

MINI JCW
BenR said:
no point buying a 'sports' car if its not going to perform.

true, but the same can be said that theres no point in buying a sport cars if it looks like a standard saloon with a stupid massive spoiler nailed to the back of it, no matter how fast it goes

Last edited:
EVOgone said:
Obviously all show no go.....i prefer the real deal myself.

If you like the TVR so much then get one as you say you could buy and MR400 tommorow....

I'll own what the F*ck I want to mate...ok.....
there are lots of cars I like, the EVO is NOT one of them,ok?
When I get tired of the V6 I will buy a different car but it won't be an evo unless they have made a hatch back AWD 2 door one by then? :)

Simon

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
SimonV6 said:
Well there are lots of FQ400's sale on Auto trader, and they seem to have lost about £14k from list price.....lol
quite cheap for anyone that wants one, but NOT me.......I am on a CLIO site becasue I love Clio's.....
even if the EVO's faster.... ;) by 3.3s to 100mph........

Simon

Reason they are for sale is that you can get a Mr 340 for 15k less and spend a Grand and get 400hp..!

Depreciation is still better than the v6..!

Im sure you will find the MR400 is a lot quicker then the 3.3 to hundred as the 400 does 100 in less than 10 secs and the 340 about just over 11...

gazcaddy said:
true, but the same can be said that theres no point in buying a sport cars if it looks like a standard saloon with a stupid massive spoiler nailed to the back of it, no matter how fast it goes

so a clio with some bicycle pump action? ;)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
SimonV6 said:
I'll own what the F*ck I want to mate...ok.....
there are lots of cars I like, the EVO is NOT one of them,ok?
When I get tired of the V6 I will buy a different car but it won't be an evo unless they have made a hatch back AWD 2 door one by then? :)

Simon

Ok but regards to you never owning an EVO, well 2dr/AWD/Hatch..Fits your criteria and it looks even better than a V6

Bet you dont by one though even when it fit the criteria my big chequebook.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
SimonV6 said:
EVOgone said:
Reason they are for sale is that you can get a Mr 340 for 15k less and spend a Grand and get 400hp..!

So why are people buying the 400's and then selling them on with a huge loss???

Simon

Cause they have enough money not to bother them...Been there done that. Bit like anyone who bought a V6 brand new.

EVOgone said:
Ok but regards to you never owning an EVO, well 2dr/AWD/Hatch..Fits your criteria and it looks even better than a V6

Bet you dont by one though even when it fit the criteria my big chequebook.

Yeah that does look a lot better than the Lancer Evo FQ330's.....
Don't bet on what I will buy though mate, you may loose.... ;)
Still I'm happy with my V6 255 for now thanks.

Simon