ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excel Wizards Help!

Alfa GT
I have an excel spreadsheet of a list of Items I am looking for. Once i find them I am highlighting the whole row green.
Is there a way of having cell which automatically updates the number of green rows I have. i.e. if I have found 55 and I highlight another one green, it then automatically updates to 56?

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers:)

DCi
you could add an extra column where you write 'yes' if the row meets your criteria
then you could use conditional formatting to highlight the row if the cell = yes
and finally use a count function to count the amount of yes'es (sp!)

i dont like macro's when they can be avoided.

AK

M240i
you could add an extra column where you write 'yes' if the row meets your criteria
then you could use conditional formatting to highlight the row if the cell = yes

+1 exactly the way i would do it!

Macros are messy!

Citroen DS3 White
Search COUNTIF.

If your searching and highlighting you can always use 'Conditional formatting' to do it for you.

Exactly what iain said then! Read fail...

BG V6, LY 182

Best way.

Also with this 'additional coloumn' perhaps hiding it would be better too?This way your not having more visible figures/wrighting cluttering up the page.

AK

M240i
Infact.. do you need to use colours :S

Could just have a count if set up for all the ones that you add a yes too..