ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excess Weight removal

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Decided to remove some excess weight to gain a few more gee gees.

IMAG0001.jpg

Ok maybe not just decided to strip it down while it's off the road (or rather I'm off the road) and give it a damn good cleaning. Removed about two handfuls of dirt and stones from behind the wheel arches and inbetween the splits where the bumpers meet the body work. Also gave the nuts and bolts that attach to the bodywork a good greasing up after de-rusting them.
Main parts put back on for the time being and returned to standard look until next year..........

Abarth 500 Essesse
awaits sundays thread from paul with doors off so he can get into the shuts properly ;)

looks very clean mate

172 Cup
lol ur car is spitting image of mine! Same rear lights same colour, same start of reg i think M something! I just had to go look outside to see if mine was still there!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Cheers, looks better in the flesh but seeing as i have some time to play with i thought why not....... still by the time me and it are back on the road should look spankers complete with some finishing touches, new Renault Sport badge, painted bullets, black diamond and of course the Clio Sport sticker.

Got a steering wheel from a black V6 with colour coded insert, repainting spare dash inserts to replace silver ones and will be fitting some plasma dials when they turn up.

Got a spare set of fog light surrounds and have painted them to match the grey from the head lights will post pictures of them when fitted (probably won't stay on very long but I think the effect will look different for a while).

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
was going to put original lights back on but i think some scrote has half inched them when the garage has been open, never mind only £30 on ebay.
intend to get some of them Euro style ones that russ at gasperformance has in a couple of months think they should have been the standard ones on RS Clios look smart and not too chav.

?
Your car looks sweet mate, get some of those euro rear LED lights as you said (tbh the only leds that look decent on a clio) and youll be laughing.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
cup spoiler would look good.

from the side your car looks same as mine, same taillights i think aswell

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
cup spoiler would look good.

from the side your car looks same as mine, same taillights i think aswell

Cup spoiler..... so common nowadays........ got a V6/Trophy one lol.
Makes it easier to find in Tesco's.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Cup spoiler..... so common nowadays........ got a V6/Trophy one lol.
Makes it easier to find in Tesco's.

ah, cant see it so good in that pic, :approve:

A shot from earlier on in the year.......

IMAG0015.jpg

Just putting back to standard while it sits there in the garage for a while, with the exception of the rear lights as standard ones have gone walkabout. Still have to put side strips back on though.

IMAG0004.jpg

Last edited: