ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust banging on sub frame

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
How the **** has this happened!

This is a Prospeed custom exhaust btw.

f_DSC00021m_2e7daba.jpg

I had previously bodged the usual dodgy exhaust mount with some (what I thought was) stiff hose. Seems it has broken through the very rear rubber mount as well and is now hanging down badly, as well as making the weld on the hanger come away and break it's support. It's know knocking on the subframe that goes acrossthe car over any bumps now!

Any ideas or just take it to an exhaust place to sort it? Will it be damaging anything further up towards the manifold?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
take it in, most probably they will just weld the hanger back, but i would get a new mount aswell, so you kno this wont happen again etc

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I can't be arsed to drive all the way down to Cardiff! Probably just take it to a guy I know who does exhausts. Hope it won't be too costly.