ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust collapsing at join every 2 weeks...

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Hi,

Everytime i get my exhaust tightened up at the cat-midsection join, It sags within a week again creating a horrible blowing sound.

Iv used different clamps, different sealent but it just collapses. All hangers are intact and new.

Im thinking of cutting the flanges off and just putting a sleeve in or even getting it welded?

Whats the best route?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
push the section up and then bolt it, mine was like that but the boys at NWP sorted it by pushing it right up and bolting it tight,

2003 Clio 172
Is this a standard system?

I remember when I was sealing mine, I could more or less hang off it when the sleeved bits were unbolted because it was such a neat fit.

Could I be the pipe is too small and a bit loose in the sleeves?

Jj

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
There is no sleeves, its 2 flangers that face each other than simply slide down. Its a standard system but on a Megane Coupe so maybe differ from a Clio.

Dodgy one
as Fred

26.jpg

One of them though 67mm IIRC and Silicone Sealent, Wont move then, I found the Renault clamps to be a bit pants

ITB'd MK1
any olive join pretty much needs a new clamp every time, learned that on 205's about 10 years ago. They distort when first tightened

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
I use a new clamp everytime but it still drops. Pain in the backside.

Iv heard to use an 'olive' inbetween the join that seal the gaps aswell?

ITB'd MK1
might be using the wrong size. did a 206 CC the other week and got given the wrong clamp with the new backbox. it dropped in about a week, turned out they gave me too small a clamp but it wasn't obvious until i got the right one

ITB'd MK1
that's the one i need for the manifold to downpipe on the 2.0 CC !!!!!!!!!!!

not listed......doesn't exist.......f**king FACTORS!!!!!!!!!!