ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust fell off.. is this common?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
The exhaust fell of our clio 172 yesterday and the car is just coming up to 3 years old, 35K... I know its a renault but thats not the sort of life I should expect from an exhaust is it? Got a feeling wear and tear items wont be covered in the warranrty either.. :(
do u reckon i have a chance with the warranty? anyone here had any luck

I'd guess its gone either on the welds connecting the rear box or on the pipework just before it. If so yup its common but at that age Renault will tell you to do one I'm afraid. Best bet is to replace it with a stainless aftermarket unit.

Audi RS4
mine fell off at exactly the same age,3 years old 34000 miles,no chance with warranty.
Cost best part of £300 to replace had to have back box and middle section done even though it was just the backbox that fell off.

on my last 2 fiestas the exhaust rusted and fell off in 18 months so i'll be happy with 3 years! the problem with the fiestas was that they broke in the middle, caught the road and ripped apart your back bumper, quality.

Same thing happened with mine, 3 years old, few bumps on the motorway and the bloody thing was trailing behind me.

Fletch, would say yours has almost certainly been replaced; these things just don't seem to have much life in them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
mine fell off too! 3 years old, 32000 miles. Bought stainless custom one in the end as it was the same price as a renault one!!

Blimey, I need to prepare for a new one I think! Any stainless steel aftermarket ones that remain hidden like the OEM one and that aren't any louder (or just a tiny bit louder)

K-Tec stealth looks ok but a few people have said they are too loud.

Audi RS4
182 sport said:
done 41,000 miles,had it from new-exhaust doesnt look to bad & certainly wouldnt expect it to fall off!

Mine looked like brand new,certainly didn't expect it to fall off.It was a complete shock-no warning it just snapped.:mad:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ukaskew said:
Blimey, I need to prepare for a new one I think! Any stainless steel aftermarket ones that remain hidden like the OEM one and that aren't any louder (or just a tiny bit louder)

K-Tec stealth looks ok but a few people have said they are too loud.

DO NOT go to longlife in thornbury!!!!!!

A4 Avant & A3
superfastdan said:
DO NOT go to longlife in thornbury!!!!!!

So longlife are no good then hey..
I think a mate of mine got one from there & he's happy with it, what's up with them??
(need to know, so i don't buy one from them when mine falls off! :)

No more clio's for me!
The previous owner how had mine had the exhaust replaced after two years, she paid for it, guess she didn't realise it was under warantee, whoops! Time for an after market jobbie then mate. :)

Golf R/Leon FR
obviously a common fault! i had mine changed to a magnex because it was starting to get badly corroded at the welds but it didnt fall off..

2003 172 CUP
Just had mine replaced under warranty on my 2 and a half year old Cup as it was rattling. Didn't have any problems at all. (Gordon Lamb in Chesterfield)

BMW Z4 3.0i
As far as I know, my car is still on it's 1st exhaust. 3 years old, 43k miles. Nothing mentioned at service at MoT last month so I guess it's still in decent nick. It sounds ok.

Elise/VX220/R26
the clio zorsts get loads of water in them for some reason, its the same on the meg, you take them off and 3 pints of water come out of them. Standard one is stainless on the 225 so maybe renault are aware of this as a potential warranty issue