ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust for 2003 1.4 16v

Anyone know who does one? Everyone I have looked at seems to do exhausts for the 172 or for the 8v engines???

I want a back box with double 3" twin preferably, but oval or single exit are ok.

The only one I seem to have found is a PECO one - what are these like?

Any ideas??

Helloooo Paul! This is all they seem to do though!!!????????????

MODEL
YEAR
TAIL PIPE DESIGN
REF
PRICE (£)

Renault Clio 1.8 16V, RSI 8V
Nov 91 - May 96
1 x 3" R
XRR03

Renault Clio 2.0 Williams
Nov 93 -
1 x 3" R
XRR03

Renault Clio Sport 2.0 Sport
JAN ’00 – 2002
Twin x 3.5" R
XRR05/TR

6" x 4" Oval
XRR05/O

The 1.4 is more popular on the continent than over here, a lot of manufacturers offer systems, you havent been looking hard enough! Id get a magnex if it its available, the double 3.5 inch is pure sex!

-Rob

Thanx matey, but not sure they can fit them on a 1.4???? I will ask tomorow though - gonna go to Extreme Motor Sport in Halrow I think as they do lots of different systems and fit while you wait - yipee!!!

Thanx GRC79 - is it hot in Greece? Whereabouts are you?

182 cup pack

Here in Greece is a bit hot(27 degrees.)Im in Athens.:cool:

Did u saw the supersprint backboxes????

Think that ull get 2-3hp with them...

Cheers.

This is not looking easy!!

I have spoken to about 7 different places now and there are hardly any options for my car!! The only ones I have found are the Remus and the Supersprint, but I dont really like either of the designs!!

I spoke to K-Tec and apparently it is because the exhaust is all one unit from the CAT back, so if you only have a back box, they have to cut the exhaust. Therefore, they only do complete systems!

Pants!

What does anyone think about/know about Powerflow Custom Build Exhausts??

This is the other option I have to get what I want! Extreme in Harlow have offered this fully fitted for £180?

yep, they make custom zorsts as well mostly using rage backboxes! sure they will sort u out jus bring up some stella and there happy all night!

i do all my best work afta a few bevvies!

only takes bout 30 mins to lower ur car and takes 20 mins for alcohol to kick in! cuttin it close!

hehe...I make all my best mistakes afta many bevvies!!! lol...

I think twin 3" round exit?? You?? I hope they can do it quite quickly...I;m really impatient!

Clio 172 Ph2

Is the pipe on the 172 a lot bigger than the normal 1.4 model?

The exhaust I got doesnt say it will fit on my car but it quite clearly does....maybe the twin 3.5" ive got will go on yours too April?

javascript openWin pop_up_profile.asp?profile=6675&ForumID=6 , profile , toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=440,height=370 ">GRC79 has a 1.4, could PM him to see what he has..

Im gonna speak to Torsion Tuning tonight about a custom build cause I really dont want a whole system! They should hopeully be able to custom build something I like! I really wanted a Scorpion, but thats not an option!

Cheers for eveyones help though!

Can i remind you that k-tec told yourself that they only do a cat back because you have to cut off the backbox otherwise? That means if you want a backbox only then youll have to buy an OE cat back when/if you want to sell the car! No doubt an OE cat back will cost a shed load, and if you add up the cost of that plus a new backbox it will come to the same amount as a cat back from a good company!!

Besides, i thought the major point of an exhaust was the noise..! A tailbox will make no change to that..

Women..! ;)

-Rob

i had one from powerflow, 3 inch twin jobbie. i only had the rear box and cost me about a £100. been there about 8 months and no probs.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 02 October 2003

Besides, i thought the major point of an exhaust was the noise..! A tailbox will make no change to that..

Tsk! Power m8....power....