ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust hanging low

Hi all,ive got a 1.8 8v p reg rsi and the centre pipe seems to sit too low.its only got a single hanger on the centre pipe,and thats only on the seperate bendy bit that goes to the back box. So the question is should there be another hanger near the cat and if not how do i make it sit higher? help appreciated

it has hanhers on the back box itself, then it has a hanger on the bendy bit that goes between the back box and centre pipe and thats all.no hangers atall on the pipe between cat and the bendy bit.i think its missing a bracket somewhere on the cat?

C2 VTS from Fri
Have one of these too - although a yr older. There are no mounts on the CAT, it's a real short section. CAT sits high between the seats in that recess of the floorpan but the front box does hang out from the rest about half it's height. There's no hangers on the system except the section with the rear silencer. On this I think there's three, one near the elbow, one on the front of the box and one on the tailpipe. The middle two sections are suspended between this and the manifold. I'm not sure how you'd hold it higher up.