ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust looking wonky, sticking out too much??

S2 106 GTI
I did this the other day as I have never liked the look of my Orbisoud tailpipes sticking out too much.

Well its not really a guide, but may help some people
icon_smile.gif
My Orbisoud exhaust was sitting (in my eyes) horrible! the tailpipes where sticking out too much and one of the pipes looked it was sticking out slightly further that the other.
DSC01317.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

After a good head scratching , and talking to Mr Hoolio (from the trophy forum) - He has the same exhaust but with his being a manifold-back and mine being a cat-back I wondered if mine was slightly longer. With measurement exchanged everything was the same size?! but then the length from the rear box to the lip of the bumper was 20mm different, It was down the the rear bumper causing this problem. I looked underneath and found these two bolts

DSC01333.jpg

I removed them both and the bumper could be moved back and forth! as the hole has slight adjustment in it
icon_biggrin.gif
I pulled it back resulting in the exhaust now sitting 100% how it should have been, even the uneven look when you look down on them has been fixed.

Looking alot better
DSC01329.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

Hope this helps anyone else who has exhaust issues

cheers Rich

You learn something new everyday!