ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust mount advice please!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, I'm going to sort my 2 rear mounts out this month. I've done a bit of a search but I'm still a little unsure so any help would be great.
I think I'm going to order 2 of these as they seem like a good popular option.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

My question relates to the metal part. Can I just pull out the old rubber or are they stuck in? If they're stuck in I'll need to order a couple of mounts something like this but they all seem to come with the rubber in them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item4cf8a14d2a

So does anyone have a link to the ones I'd need without the rubber part so I can put the powerflex's in easily? Or any other good suggestions?

​Thanks

FF RB 182
Can cut them out and burn out the old rubber thats what i did the other day for if my silicone mod fails..

IMAG0440.jpg

don't do flipping pikey repairs, just buy whole new mounts or as said by Steve the Prima Racing mounts, they don't break the bank so don't get why so many people pikey it with tie wraps and sockets etc

FF Clio 182
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366506366.128926.jpg

Cut out the old rubber then trim a couple mm off the end on the Powerflex rubbers, side them in and add cable lies for good measure :) job done

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Pmsl, I asked the same thing there and lost/forgot about it and didn't include the Media section in my search :eek:

How's yours going? Where did you drill in end?

I have not fitted mine as of yet as when i got my yozza fixed and sitting correctly i put to new rubbers in so going to wait till they are dead.
I have also went round the edge with tiger seal to fill the holes.

I never cut my powerflex bushes, I forced mine in with some spray lube so i know they are in tight .

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I have not fitted mine as of yet as when i got my yozza fixed and sitting correctly i put to new rubbers in so going to wait till they are dead.
I have also went round the edge with tiger seal to fill the holes.

I never cut my powerflex bushes, I forced mine in with some spray lube so i know they are in tight .

Cool, thats just got me thinking of fitting the mounts as they come and putting the powerflex in my old mounts after removal rather than damaging new ones. Will use those until they're buggered then replace with the powerflex.

I agree in the main but these are a fraction of the price so worth a shot isn't it!?!

if you want to i suppose but i personally would just put new mounts on but its your money and car so its entirely up to you, seen so many 1*2's getting money spent left right and center on mods and then things like exhaust mounts are shagged/bodged with sockets etc.. Maintenance and then mods for me