ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust mounts 172

BMW 330D
Hi
My exhaust is currently hanging on by its last thread!
Ive got a blueflam exhaust and the standard renault mounts are shot!
If someone could give me a part number for the rear mount and im led to believe there is a mount in the middle as well?

Cheers

Mazda MX5 1.8
well on my spare exhaust mount the number is 77 00 424 339
made in italy........ good god theres no hope that it'll last then!!

and yes theres a small mount in the middle. dont know the code for that one tho

assuming its a mk2 that is

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Don't bother buying a new rear mount Ad', buy a universal oval exhaust mount, remove the top half of the rubber X on the rear mount, fold the lower legs flat and cable tie the new mount in its' place. A much stronger option.

As for the centre mount, if it hasn't split, again don't bother with a new one. Instead, buy a mid size jubilee clip, square it off so it roughly fits around the middle mount, tighten until it is secure and cable tie in place again. This mount doesn't move a great deal but can easily snap if the Blueflame is heavier than standard. Alot of movement with this middle mount can also add a lot of stress to the rear but more importantly, the manifold to cat' joint leading to a blowing cat'.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
hey adam hog, i have a brand new middle exhaust mount thing, for a 172, let me know if your interested / want a pic