ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Noise Levels

Clio 182 FF
So there's eleventy million different exhausts available for the 182, but I was looking for a definitive list of them noise wise.

IMHO for a road car there's two noises you care about, drone at 80MPH cruising on the motorway (which is bad), and 2. rasp when revving it (if you don't like that you can just not rev it!).

So assuming that all systems are cat-back, and on all systems removing or leaving in the catalyst would have the same effect, what's the order of them? From the few I've heard I'm list them as:

1. OEM
  2. Milltek
  3. RS192
  4. <Massive gap>
  5. Yozza
But obviously there's Piper, K-Tec, Janspeed, BTB, Orbisoud, etc that I haven't heard!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Piper you would hardly know is aftermarket when cruising on motorway, all depends on throttle position to be honest but it's definitely not intrusive.
Sounds really nice when going for it though, crisp, not boomy at all!