ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust problems 182

clio 182
i have exhaust problems, driving on then out of the blue, had a little loss of power n the juddering and the exhaust poping, n it now sounds like a juddering dodgey impreza! exhuast emmisions light is flashing. is it ok to drive still? uploaded videos to show, n also the video of the engine at the same time, doesnt sound right to me, like an old ford that used to run on 4star!
[youtube]v5RzalHLzpo[/youtube]

[youtube]Otl0kxOS8B4[/youtube]

read an few exhaust issues problems on here n could it be an injector problem? or a Map sensor? what is a map sensor? or the lambda sensors in exhaust?

any views welcome! cheers

Civic Type S GT
Does it do it only when it's been raining or when the roads are wet and the underneath of the gets wet?

clio 182
have you checked your spark plugs / ht leads?
sorry not very mechical, what n where r the ht leads?

Sounds like it needs a service or its an ECU problem...
sounds expensive

Does it do it only when it's been raining or when the roads are wet and the underneath of the gets wet?

first time it's done it n carrys on when I turn on n off. it was only spitting at the time but I did wash my car the morning of this happening. What u thinking the problem is?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Coilpack is the small black box at top back of the engine(if you dont have a cover on you will see it) has 4 leads coming out of it, those are the HT leads..

Da

Less
Sounds similar to mine, which was the MAP sensor, but as said O2 sensor is possible too...

th_15122009059.jpg

Similar?

Da

Less
I presume you're in Scunthorpe from the name? If you were closer I'd have a look at it for you but I'm pretty sure it's probably the MAP sensor.

I got a second hand one for about £30 and it takes literally 10 minutes to change. Has to be worth it if not just to eliminate it.

Golf GTD Mk7
bit dodgy, check the the car parts for sale section. Always RS's being broken down recently. Winter :S

clio 182
yeah cheers people, its going bk to the dealer only had it 7 days! under warrently! i posted on here to c what people thought so i know if the dealer is right or not coz its not a renault dealer. just pisses me off coz i havent "driven" it yet.

do u think its safe to drive? some people say it might be the head gasket? am guessing when they plug it into the computer it'll tell them whats up with it?

cheers DA anyway for offering me it part/

yeah am from scunthorpe

Civic Type S GT
If it's oxygen sensor then I'd only drive to a garage. I took mine to Renault to have it plugged into their computer. Might be worth doing that and see what the print out says. Can't remember how much it all cost me though.

clio 182
Yeah I don't. Just doing my Head in, as it went bk 3days last week n it's already booked in on Tuesday for an alloy refurb n for them to fix the seat and on wedesday they r taking it to Renault to sort the abs n traction control light coz that keeps coming on. Starting to wonder y I got this car! Hopefully will get to drive it one day! Lol

Civic Type S GT
Sounds like you've managed to get a well looked after clio,lol! It'll be fine when it gets sorted pal, you'll enjoy then.
Mine just gone abit funny,was having a drive before and went round a corner and the car just spun,was going at hardly any speed to. Luckily no cars coming the other way or would of been nasty crash. Went abit further down the road and same happend again but not as bad thank god. :S

clio 182
Doesn't sound good!

The car had a cliosport.net sticker in the window when I got it so I guess they was on here at some point but can't find the owner

Da

Less
Whats the reg of the car?

It's safe to drive for short distances as I drove mine back from the Trafford centre (about an hour) with the MAP buggered.

O2 fault will make it run rich/lean so could foul the plugs but nothing major.

clio 182
bk from the garage n they changed the coil pack n it said it still wasnt right so he looked at the sparkies n they was knackered so he replaced them. 182 all working again! just needs petrol now! v-power or normal??? mmm....

Golf GTD Mk7
Scunny_182 said:
bk from the garage n they changed the coil pack n it said it still wasnt right so he looked at the sparkies n they was knackered so he replaced them. 182 all working again! just needs petrol now! v-power or normal??? mmm....

Only run min in vpower :D glad you got it sorted.