ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rumble?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
hey guys, i did a search for answers but couldnt find one...

the standard exhaust on my 172 cup has suddenly started rumbling when decelerating from 3000rpm to 2000rpm... its not blowing as the backbox is only 10mths old, and the bracket holding it on was fitted at the same time, it was dark when i got home this evening so couldnt get a decent look underneath... anyone had the same problem or any idea what it is?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Is it the exhaust heatshield? There is a guide on here...but you need to pay £12 to view it. put hand underneath car when its stationary and rattling, the washers where the heatshield sits works it way through....10 minutes and bigger washers covers it (if that is the problem)

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
it doesnt sound like a heatshield, yeh, my membership as run out, i saw the guide before hand tho, it sounds like a deeper rumble than the exhaust hitting the tin-like shielding, i'll take a look... is there another bracket towards the middle of the exhaust that might come loose?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Turns out this was the rear bracket had infant broken. Common problem which I'm aware of nowadays!