ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust snapped?

Clio 1.6 16v Rxe
ok so my car has been makin some weird noise and a guy i know told me to take it to his garage coz it might b f'd so i took it in today n he showed me some part of the car exhaust that had started to come apart (cat?) i dnt know anythin about cars bearing in mind, anyways drivin home n hear a thud and a scraping sound, stop my car n the exhaust is hanging off underneath the middle of the car, so i tied it up with a bit of elastic rope n got it home, the guy said it shud cost about 160-170 to fix is this right? and anyone give me more information to what has happened or wht needs to be done etc..?

Ph 1 172
if hes charging you 160 quid for a new cat and fitting thats amazingly cheap might just be the mid section and back box.

a new cat for my car is in the region of 350 before fitting.

midsection about 70 and backbox no more than that so probably just mid section and back box if anything

Clio 1.6 16v Rxe
yh, well my mate said i might aswell just get a whole new exhaust system for like 160-200, is tht a gd idea?

Yep, get a decent system put in, the back boz rotted off mine and took half of the centre pipe with it, cost me a rediculous amount to get the rs standard parts put back on, performance parts turned out to be much cheaper!