ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Wistle under load 2-3k

RB FF 182
Evening folks,

I've done a search and it didnt really turn up what I was after

Had this problem for a while, and its starting to bug me.

When speeding up gradually or aggressivly once the car hits about 2.2-3k theres a hissing noise from the passneger foot well. Somedays its worse than others. Sounds like a blow out at a gasket or similar.

I ahve replaced the compression ring [ i think thats what its called ] between the CAT and the rest of the exhaust, but this didnt cure it either.

I have a KTec Ultra performance cat back on at the moment, but i'm unsure if it done it before this as the old exhaust was so loud.

I had it in at a Powerflow dealership that i work near and they were useless tbh, didnt even try to look at it really.

The best way to describe the noise is like an old passat/vag derv comming onto boost. Really is rather annoying.

Performance isnt effected as far as I see as it acheived 183.9 on the rollers not so long ago.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:

Cro

Meg'd r27
Could it be more of a high pitched rattle Niall? My heatshield had me looking for airleaks a while back and thats what it was.

Have you the acoustic valve still attached, its down that direction of the car

I had a noise from about the same area. Turned out to be the join between the cat and center setion. Half a tube of high temp silicon and a new clamp solved it. Clamp was about £6 from Renualt.

RB FF 182
^^^

The man is correct!

New exhaust peice from center section to my newly fitted decat new clamp and a bit of exhaust paste now theres no more noise! Yay!