ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Woes

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
Tonight on the way to someone else's house my exhaust broke, on a 1.4 mk2 ph1 clio. Big noise and i could hear something dragging along on the road. Stopped an got out, the exhaust was hanging down. I checked back in the road because i've heard stories of backboxes coming off, but nothing had fallen off. Decided to get to the persons house, as it was about 20 metres away. So i got to their house an examined it, the exhaust pipe has just snapped between the cat and backbox on a straight section of pipe, near to where the pipe goes from big to smaller. I managed to limp it home with some quick fixes, but now I need to know, how/why this happened in this place on the exhaust, how much it'll set me back and where I should get it done.

cheers guys, had a rubbish night!

BMW M135i
Its rotted through as the standard exhaust is only made of mild steel, its simply a matter of when it goes not if.

Will need a new exhaust, cost will vary depending where you get it done and whether you go for a stainless replacement or a standard replacement.

BMW M135i
Depends really, stainless ones vary could pick one up cheapish secondhand. A quikfit type non renault one could be had for around 100 notes but it'll only rot through again in a year or two.