ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expect to be seeing alot more of.........

Looking for a ph-quick...
PICT0033-1.jpg

:approve:

After a slight scare due to thinking the bottom end was nakered, and running issues with the new lump, alll 'appears' to be well the the Tungy now! Turned out that the adjuster bolts on one of the vernier pullies had worked there way loose causing some rattling and non running!!

The plans to get a ph-quick have gone out the window plus i dont think i could bring myself to part with her as sad as it sounds.
Getting her back tomorrow night, cant wait!!!

Amir

Thanks everyone!
Yes indeed the hill power Lump Ali! Some jock strap obviously messed with it before i fitted it spose i should have checked but i didnt think! Been advised its the best part of 180-190bhp - Should be interesting!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thanks everyone!
Yes indeed the hill power Lump Ali! Some jock strap obviously messed with it before i fitted it spose i should have checked but i didnt think! Been advised its the best part of 180-190bhp - Should be interesting!

Should be f**king rapid mate! The banana's runnin about 180+ and it's silly quick!

Yeah i know dude. Very excited. I only drove it briefly before things went wrong and it felt very fast. Should be fun you will all see it at FCS if your comming - clio16valver stand.

williams and trophy
Thanks everyone!

Should be f**king rapid mate! The banana's runnin about 180+ and it's silly quick!

apparently its running more like 200.

mine was running about 170 ish at fcs lst year.. so a 180-190 one should be a good chunk quicker .

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yeah i know dude. Very excited. I only drove it briefly before things went wrong and it felt very fast. Should be fun you will all see it at FCS if your comming - clio16valver stand.

Aye, decided not to drive down tho, going to jump in alan's 182.

Said it before...Turini's look good on anything!

I'll show you......
Vernier pullies allow you to set up the timing correctly to give the best possible performance when using uprated cam shafts.
If you look at the picture below, you will see the pully has 4 bolts. These had worked there way loose advancing the timing by something stupid like 16 degrees not was miss firing etc as it wasnt timed up correctly. The fact that it had come loose was making it rattle really badly.

vernier.gif

The verniers have been marked up where they should be and you can see from the picture that its miles out!

All sorted now though, runs fine!

Last edited:
Anni - Lets hope not after the last disaster!!!!
Yes it has a willy widetrack and the diffference is amazing! I'll never go back to standard track!! Its lowered by 45mm with torsion bar set to match! All work including conversion done by yours truly!
Thanks for all the nice comments guys and girls!

340i
Glad its all sorted dude...

Should be a weapon when its running correctly! :D

Definatly have to meet up and go for a blast sumtime

Mr. Gray, well i thought you had fallen off a cliff! Indeed, i'll pop up one evening!

Better pics? I thought that one was pretty good lol! Do you mean some more......Can be organised!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You know what i meant! lol

You going to phase 2 the exterior at all or leave it?

Thanks everyone, picked her up last night, there seems to be a slight fuelling issue but im sure i will get round it :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
do like this alot mate

hopefully should take the crown from sdv for coty 07 i reckon, easily the best valver / willy / hybrid in the club

don't put the stickers on dude.........leave it, it will be overkill imo,

as for the phase 2 ness my ideas would be

spray the under light brows on the front (if not already done, i couldn't see)

leave the bump strips all round

get the boot smoothed except bootlock

phase 2 the rear ie bootstrip and lights

that would be it, i may also be interested if this was for sale....

Thats real nice of you dude! Yeah i think i'll leave the strips and just do the rear! I was gutted to hear about SDV dude was a minter!!!