ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expensive bump at a track day!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Thats why when all the muppets bang on about not needing insurance & what a waste of time, i still get it.
On track your road insurance don't cover you for s**t!
If the driver had been warned several times why was he not shown the black flag & the door??
Bit like the GT3 owner who had a bad smash again at Bedford, not insured & still on finance, double bummer:mad:

172 cup
No insurance??? Dont you have to show a track insurance cover note or something before being able to go on?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
should be a standard thing to make sure your covered before they let you on any track me thinks!
No, you accept the risks when you go on. If you aren't happy with the risks, don't go on. It's purely leisure, no one has to drive on track, ergo it's your choice.

Lionel Richie
instead of insurance becoming compulsory they should implement ice hockey rules IMO

someone drives like a c**t, when you get back to the pits you should be allowed to go at it until someone gets knocked out, it'll be reet then!

Turbos.
I think its not mandatory because originally it was so cost prohibitive, even if its not quite as bad now. If it was mandatory, less people would do trackdays and that wouldn't be good for business.

To be honest, i've been to many trackdays and there are rarely incidents. A track like Bedford is actually even safer because its so wide and open with plenty of run off. The last big incident i saw was at Brands when a CSL owner with too big an ego went off at Paddock because he didn't want to let a faster car past. If you're that kind of person, get insurance!

I agree with what people are saying about the marshalls, he should have been off the track after his first warning. I would put some accountability with the TDO.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I agree with what people are saying about the marshalls, he should have been off the track after his first warning. I would put some accountability with the TDO.

The drivers briefing is very important & obviously the driver was not present or not listening.

It's a trackday & not a race FFS!

I do most of my days with circuit-days & during the briefing you are told that the instructors etc are always out on track looking for the dangerous drivers.
It defo seems to work, i also like the 3 spin rule.

The easytrack day at Cadwell park, that quite a few of here attended was run pretty well despite the red flags due to weather related offs, but they implement a 1 hour sin bin for anyone causing a red flag.

I've done trackdays with almost all the main Tdo's and to be honest the standard of driving doesn't really change from one to other, as they all at some point seem to attract a looney, the main difference is in how they react to poor driving. And all of them seem to go about it the right way.
Who was the Tdo of the trackday where this incident took place?

Chris

Elise/VX220/R26
One big point here is that the track organiser is basically responsible for this crash.

Marshalls spoke to him twice? The second time should have been an ejection. Simple.