ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expensive bump at a track day!

Pinched from another forum, feel sorry for the 3rd party involved in this bump :dapprove:

Right, well you remember I mentioned that Aston DB9 driver ??

Well, he was a t**t... big big t**t
mad0260.gif
mad0260.gif
... got spoken to TWICE by the marshals for far too aggressive driving and complete lack of car control and his utter disregard for other people
mad0260.gif
mad0260.gif

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Unfortunately, he didn't listen to the marshals, with disastrous consequences
cry.gif
He went far too hot into a left-hand hairpin, ran out of brakes, never had any talent, tried to cut through the inside of the hairpin, and went straight into the side of a beautiful 08-plate 911 GT3
eyebulge.gif
Porsche came out better, thankully, but the DB9 was ruined.

I don't care about the Aston driver - but I feel so bad for the Porsche owner... he did nothing wrong, just was in the wrong place at the wrong time... I saw the Aston driver shortly afterwards, with his head in his hands and all the indemnity paperwork around him. He had no insurance whatsoever. And he's got both the Aston and the Porsche to pay for...

Marshal said over the radio to keep the two drivers apart .... "the Porsche driver seems a bit furious at the moment, so keep eyeballs on both of them....."

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

P.S. heres the thread, some tasty cars within :cool:

Link

** repost police suck my bawls!!!**

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh good. I love it when this happens.

Man with a bigger wallet than his brain. owned.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
What a knob, thats why i dont do track days

LOLz funny for lots of reasons.

Trackdays are a risk, carl and i decide if we spot some on driving like a dick to try our best to stay out the way of them.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
was told about this incident last time I was at Bedford. The Aston driver was an utter tool by all accounts. Imagine it happened at the complex leading to the back straight?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Shame for the porsche owner. I think this was a EVO trackday or similar? Someone correct me.

Looks like a 997 Turbo to me.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I do feel a bit sorry for the 997 driver but what a complete muppet not insuring the thing!! Why spend that much money on a car like that and not. I'd rather hammer it around the track knowing I'm covered than going into each and every corner praying nothing happens. Sort of defeats the object of a track day if you ask me. At least if you c**k it up on the road you ar at least insured.

As for the Aston driver, more money than scense. The marshalls should have chucked him off before it got to that stage. People like him ruin everyones day so why let him out there?

J03

MX5 1.8
whaaaaaaaaat he had no insurance for the car to be on track, or no insurance whatsoever???

Qashcow
i take out track insurance, if that happens to me, the insurance forks out. covers me for damage to mine, damage to others and damages to the track/barriers etc.

is £60 a time but cheaper than having to be anally owned for the rest of my life by a porsche owner or repairing mine if some other noob were to hit me.

so nas, trackdays are fine, less likely to get damage anywhere on track than you are on the road with uninsured, unlicenced, illegal foreign drivers tbh

feel for the porsche driver though

Turbos.
He doesn't have to pay for the Porsche driver, just hope he does. Although, maybe the Porsche owner has insurance for himself.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The thing you have to consider is how much the insurance is for the porsche and the excess and the chances of this happening. The excess would probably exceed the repair cost.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Given that the Marshalls had spoken to the guy twice before, would be interesting if the porker owner sues the other guy. When you sign at the start of the day, obviously the track is protected, what about other drivers?

trackdays are run knock for knock, ie, if you cause damage too your car or any other car then no one is held responsible for repairs. Just like when racing.

If the Aston driver was being a pr1ck and was warned by the marshals, then although there is no liabilty from the Tdo, i would say they're responsable for not removing the driver from the track, It reads that he had several warnings before the incident.

The porsche driver has every right to be p1ssed off, but if it was me i'd be questioning the Tdo as to why he was let on track after displaying a total disregard for the safety of both himself and others.

Chris

you may know it, clio?
100% its a turbo.

Shame about the dickhead drivers, seem to think because its a track you can just floor it consistantly.

Mini Cooper S
On the track, if you crash into someone its tough s**t, you don't have to pay a penny for any damage you cause to anyone else. Thats why you either get cover or take the risk! In anything worth of £5k I think I'd definitely get track insurance. If you're in a £40k+ car you'd be the biggest idiot going if you didn't have track insurance! Fools!

I wonder if everyone would still be feeling sorry for the porsche driver if he was a micra driver instead..

RB 197
Feel sorry for the guy in the Porsche. Do not feel sorry for the guy in the AM.

What a dick, no insurance either. You really would of thought with an expensive car he'd of spent pennies on track day insurance. Inconsiderate also regarding others.

Dick. Was bound to happen though by your opening paragraph.

Qashcow
I wonder if everyone would still be feeling sorry for the porsche driver if he was a micra driver instead..

well i would have, i felt sorry for the poor girl that got hit in the 106 at castle coombe by the norris evo. admittadly that was racing, not a trackday but 100% at wrong place at the wrong time

the same as i feel for anyone hit on the road by an uninsured driver, whether its a porsche or a micra

tiTTy & SV650
ccok, there's always small claims court for the porsche driver to pursue the AM driver I would have thought. Evidence from lots of witnesses and marshalls...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I'd imagine that the Porsche would be written off after that. A seriously banana'd sill on it judging by that pic!

attachment.jpg