ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ExplodingFistRacing Clio

172 Cup/123d/405Mi16
Nope - we left the wiring there just in case.

Can't do Oulton on 6th October, I've a track day over at the Ring on the 8th and need a couple of days prep. Doh!

Nope - we left the wiring there just in case.

Can't do Oulton on 6th October, I've a track day over at the Ring on the 8th and need a couple of days prep. Doh!
I'm racing at Oulton and at the Ring/Spa trackday the following days :) Although I guess you can't just bowl up on the day like me lol!

Great result with the car and the laptimes you were doing in the first quali/race seem really good especially for stock engine :) Shame about the second race but at least you know the car has potential!

172 Cup/123d/405Mi16
I'm racing at Oulton and at the Ring/Spa trackday the following days :) Although I guess you can't just bowl up on the day like me lol!

Great result with the car and the laptimes you were doing in the first quali/race seem really good especially for stock engine :) Shame about the second race but at least you know the car has potential!

Cheers dude - was I speaking to you on the phone today?
See you at sign on on the Sunday anyway :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Great write up! enjoyed that Darren!

I might try and do few races in my one next year.

If you need some lights I have some spare Xenons.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

James, Darren organises the Ring/Spa trip that you are coming on with us.

172 Cup/123d/405Mi16
Great write up! enjoyed that Darren!

I might try and do few races in my one next year.

If you need some lights I have some spare Xenons.

Cheers Lee - we had a great time. It'd be good to see you on the grid ;)
We're OK for lights - kept ours at the time and we've about 3 Clios in close proximity we can nick stuff off. The owners of said cars don't know this yet. Shhhhhh!

172 Cup/123d/405Mi16
Quick update.
Snetterton Team Trophy - blew a gearbox, missed race.
Cadwell Team and Trackday Trophy - electrical fault in qualifying, missed both races.

Got very fed up, on the verge of chopping the car up but decided to give it one last chance. Booked someone else's track day at Donington, went out with a full tank of fuel and ran flat out until the tank drained. Did 1hr22mins and killed the brakes, but the car ran OK.

Took it to the Ring and did this;

and it didn't break.

Took it straight from there to Spa and messed about for a couple of days and it didn't break.

So we booked the last Trackday Trophy round at Brands last Saturday and FINISHED A RACE :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez didn't realise you had so many issues with it throughout the year! Great result though at Brands and awesome video from the Ring :) What are the plans for next year with the car?