ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

External waste gate on tce!?!

Renault
After read the 9 pages of this thread, couldn’t remain indifferent, like owner of a tce also :p
Each project has to be different of another, cant be all clio sport, evos, civic, tdi's, or anything else. if a lot of people not even noticied, increasingly often the big manufacturers opt for downsizing engines, like for example: the new Nissan micra 1.2 supercharged 98bhp of 3 cylinders; the fiat500 abarth 1.4 135bhp; and VW also have replaced their 1.6 and 2.0 by 1.4 tsi…and others big manufacturers that I don’t remember :p And will be increasingly often see people tune their small engines, Why not bet on these engines?, we always need someone who like “adventures”, for large manufacturers show some interest :)
Long before this recent small engines appear, already existed others of small capacity which were highly tuned, like for example: the Suzuki swift 1.3 gti 100bhp; g100 daihatsu charade 1.0 gtti 100bhp with 3 cylindres and even Nissan micra 1.0 60bhp or 1.3 75bhp, many of these cars are frequently tuned to +200bhp. So why not let the brands of performance parts earn interest to see that Renault also has a nice little engine to they make good nice forgings :)
After all the Renault D-serie was introduced some years ago and has been good, with some modifications over the years but always reasonably good.
Someone have to start the “fashion/tendency”!
But this is my opinion, sorry if the English is not well written :quiet:
Good projects for everyone, love your tce project westy! ;)

Clio tce
That's a nice reply, :)

The 5 turbo was only a 1.4.... I know it was push rod and so a very old style engine... But history does repeat itself.... And with Renault using more tce style engines.... Maybe it's worth companies getting on it with regards to internal engine upgrades... I mean I need them now.... How long before others will need them....

The car has so much more to give to, keep in mind this is mapped on the standard ecu, and with the standard cat!! With standalone and a sports cat or no cat questionable I know but for arguments sake.... There is plenty more, add in an uprated head gasket, port and polish, 330 injectors, pistons rods upgrades etc.... It'll be on 2 bar boost before you know it and that would see over 200lbs ft... I saw 188lbs ft On one map!!!

Last edited:
  Clio tce
See 2 bar of boost on a k03? You'll be downgraded to pedestrian status fairly quickly!

Well ko4 are available and reasonably priced, ktec said this would be ideal..... No problems with lag ATM on the ko3....

Pedestrian... I'll just take the ninja instead or push bike :)

Clio tce
I'm sure you can change ko3 for ko4 straight swop... If you think not please quantify why not with specifics.. May not even need 2 bar boost it was a hypothetical thing.